The “Chinese Government Scholarships – Postgraduate Study Project“, set up by the Ministry of Education of China (MOE), is intended to provide support for building universities to an international high level, and to promote Chinese higher education. Enrolment is managed directly by China’s key universities. The MOE has entrusted the China Scholarship Council (CSC) with maintaining the enrolment records and handling the routine management.
Master: 2-3 academic years
Doctoral: 3-4 academic years
Note: Courses start in September 2010. In principle, the duration of the scholarship as specified at the time of admission can NOT be extended. However, if scholarship students take a one-year Chinese language course first, their scholarship will be extended for one year.
- Exemption from registration fees, tuition fees, laboratory experiment fees, any internship fees, and costs of basic course materials and accommodation on campus;
- Living allowance;
- One-off settlement subsidy provided following registration;
- Out-patient medical services charges together with membership of the national Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China.
1) Students are personally liable for expenditure on any laboratory experiments or internship costs over and above those arranged by the university.
2) Students are personally liable for expenditure on any course or other materials over and above those prescribed by the host institution.
3) A monthly living allowance is paid by the host institution to scholarship students at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
- Master’s degree students: CNY 1,700 Yuan
- Doctoral students: CNY 2,000 Yuan
4) The one-off settlement subsidy for new students who enrol for one or more years will be of CNY 1,500
5) Re-imbursement of out-patient medical services refers to such expenses incurred at the institution’s hospital or at a hospital appointed by the institution. Students may be required to pay a certain percentage of such expenses in accordance with the relevant regulations imposed by the host institution.
6) The Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China is provided by MOE to cover hospitalisation in the event of serious illness or accidental injury.
7) Students are personally liable for their international travel expenses
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Applicants must not be not studying currently at a Chinese university — students already studying in China can apply for a Distinguished International Student Scholarship provided by the CSC.
- Educational background and age limits:
- Applicants for master’s degree courses must hold a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral courses must hold a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
The overseas student apartments in Xiamen Campus are set in picturesque surroundings and enjoy sea views and fresh sea air. The buildings are fully-equipped with modern facilities, including telephones, air-conditioning, cable TV, Internet access points and separate bathrooms.
Accommodation is arranged overall by the University. Chinese Government Scholarship students, master’s students are normally accommodated in 2-person rooms, while doctoral students have single rooms.
Address: Admissions Office of Xiamen University
Xiamen University, 361005 Fujian Province, P.R. China
Tel: +86592 2188888 2184792 Fax: +86592 218 0256
Application deadline: from Nov. 1 2009 to Jan.15 2010.
- Jiangxi Provincial Government Scholarship, China
- Heilongjiang Government Scholarship, China
- Jilin Provincial Government Scholarship, China
- China Government Scholarship for Master & PhD, Nanjing University
- Bachelor, Master & Doctoral, Chinese Government Scholarship, China
- PhD Scholarship in Business and Economics, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Chinese Government Scholarship for Bachelor, Master and Doctoral Students, China
- Fujian Government Scholarship, China
- Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students, China
- Tianjin Government Scholarship, China
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.