Korean Government is currently offering a graduate scholarship for UGM Lecturers who intend to take graduate course in Korea University (KU). KU, found in 1905, is widely acknowledged as one of the country’s oldest, largest, and top-ranked universities in Korea. KU offers advanced Master’s and Doctoral degrees spanning the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and engineering.
The scholarship details are listed below:
- Airfare: Round-trip economy class ticket
- Airfare for entry will not be provided to scholars who already presently live in Korea for academic study or employment.
- The fees for domestic travel within a scholar’s home country and for travel insurance to and from Korea will not be provided.
- Monthly allowance: 900,000 won per month.
- Research allowance: 210,000 won for scholars in humanities and social sciences; 240,000 won for scholars in natural and mechanic sciences per semester.
- Relocation (settlement) allowance: 200,000 won upon arrival
- Language training fee: full coverage
- Tuitions: All admission fees are waived by Korea University. The tuition is paid by NIIED.
- Dissertation printing costs: 500,000 – 800,000 won, depending on the actual costs.
- Medical insurance: 20,000 won per month will be provided (limited coverage).
- Special funding for scholars who are proficient in the Korean language (TOPIK Level 5 or 6): 100,000 won per month (commencing from the degree program).
The general requirements:
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2012 (born after September 1, 1972).
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of September 1, 2012.
Applicants must maintain a GPA of at least 2,64 on a 4,0 scale, 2,91 on a 4.5 scale or grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previously attended institution.
- If the transcript is not indicated in grades/marks/scores format, or is difficult to convert into percentages, attachment for official explanation from the attended institution is required.
- Applicants who have Korean proficiency or English proficiency may be given preference.
- Applicants who apply for natural sciences and technology program may be given preference.
For more information for this program, please visit KU’s official website http://graduate2.korea.ac.kr or email: email@example.com. All the required documents must be submitted to OIA UGM no later than January 16, 2012.
- Beasiswa Supersemar - Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM)
- Beasiswa BUMN Peduli - Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM)
- Beasiswa BNI - Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM)
- Beasiswa Bakti BCA - Universitas Gadjah Mada
- Beasiswa Triputra - Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM)
- Beasiswa Badan Tenaga Nuklir Nasional (BATAN) - Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM)
- Sciences Po Student Exchange Program - Universitas Gadjah Mada
- Japanase Language and Culture Studies Program, University of Hokkaido
- Beasiswa S2 & S3 - Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM)
- Kizuna Project, Study Visit to Japan
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.