School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Computer Systems & Networks
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Applied Computing
- Communication, Control, & Signal Processing
- Analog, Digital & RF Circuit Design
- Electronic Devices & Materials
- Plasma & Vacuum Electronics
School of Mechanical and Advanced Materials Engineering
- System Design and Manufacturing
- Intelligent Robotics
- Thermo fluid & Energy Systems
- Electronic Materials
- Structural Materials
School of Nano-Bioscience and Chemical
- Biomedical Science
- Nano biotechnology
- Chemical Engineering
- Polymer Science & Engineering
School of Design and Human Engineering
- Product Development & Innovation
- User Experience & User Interface Design
- Strategic Design
- Human Factors Engineering
- Color Science & Engineering
- Systems Engineering
School of Urban and Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Civil Engineering
- Urban Planning
Interdisciplinary School of Green Energy
- Energy Conversion
- Energy Storage
- Nano materials for Energy
- Battery Science and Technology
- Nuclear Science and Engineering
School of Natural Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Technology Management
If applicants cannot meet required criteria, they will not be admitted. Details on tests for each school will be informed later on.
No bachelor’s degree barriers for application (those applicants who majored in basic sciences (such as Physics, Chemistry, Life Science etc, are preferred)
Eligibility for Application
For Master’s and Combined Master’s-Doctoral Program
- Applicants holding a Bachelor’s degree
- Applicants who will have Bachelor’s Degree at February 2012
- Applicants who have educational background equivalent to the above.
For Doctoral Program
- Applicants holding a Master’s degree
- Applicants who will have Master’s Degree at February 2012
- Applicants who have educational background equivalent to the above.
- Documents Screening
- Personal Interview
International applicants can optionally have a telephone interview
Applicable Scores in English Tests
Official English Test Score (Requirements for graduation)
The test date on the certificates should not be older than two years as from the deadline of online application
- Korean applicants must submit the score report from an official English test when they apply to UNIST. The above scores are a requirement for graduation, not for admission, and thus do not need to be met at the time of the application.
- Native English speakers are exempt from submitting a score. (U.S, Canada, U.K, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand) - When English is used as an official language in an applicant’s country, in addition to other languages, applicants are exempt from submitting a score when they apply for admission but must submit a certificate stating that they have completed all of their university courses in English for exemption.
- Except for the above case, every foreign applicant must submit an official English test score that exceeds the graduate standard.
- 2011 - 10 - 6
- 2011 - 12 - 30
- 2012 - 5 - 4
- 2012 - 7 - 6
- One Completed Application Form (4cm×5cm photo attached)
- One Certificate of Graduation and Transcript
- Personal Statement and Study Plan (in English)
- All forms can be downloaded from admission web page
- Original Record of English Tests
- Others need documents qualifications proving your own research achievements
Documents sent to:
Admissions Team, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, Banyeon-ri 100, Ulsan, 689-798, Republic of Korea Tel. +82-52- 217-1126 , Fax. +82-52- 217-1129, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduates from foreign universities - Certificate of Graduation and Transcript must be signed by registrar from the graduate school
Scholarship (Include tuition & living expenses)
UNIST Elite Fellowships
- Who may apply : Excellent applicants within the combined Master’s-Doctoral Program or the Doctoral program
- Number of Scholarships : Approximately 20 awards
- Scholarship: 30,000,000 per year (Selected students are not allowed to also hold an RA/TA scholarship)
- Term: 3 Years
Nobel R&D Fellowships :
Selected Ph.D course student supervised by Nobel laureates (UNIST Chair Professor) and UNIST academic advisor
Other condition is equal to Elite fellowship
- Students in master’s courses: above 840,000 per month
- Students in Ph.D courses: above 1,040,000 per month
- Students in master’s courses: above 940,000 per month
- Students in Ph.D. courses: above 1,140,000 per month
All Students can stay in the dormitory on campus
- Admission shall be cancelled if a successful applicant fails to pay the registration deposit or the tuition fee to the bank designated by the university.
- Under no circumstance shall the submitted documents be returned.
- Applicants are granted only one admission in one school.
- The applicant is responsible for the disadvantages (including the cancellation of admission) caused by failure to submit required documents, errors or omissions in the documents, the failure to fulfill the requirements indicated in the guidelines, unclear addresses, correspondence failures, the failure to check the list of admitted candidates, the failure to execute procedures necessary to enter the country, etc).
- If the applicant gained admission in an illegal manner, such as forgery or alteration of documents or through translation errors on the documents, and this fact was found while at school (or after graduation), the admission shall be cancelled (or all the academic records shall be erased). Furthermore, if a criminal case is suspected, the student will be reported to the authorities in both countries in accordance with the law.
- All the documents should be translated into either English or Korean, and be notarized (or authenticated by a public notary).
- International students should provide their own insurance against injuries or sickness and the insurance compensation limits must be a minimum of US$10,000.
- Note: Travelers Insurance is available in Korea.
- UNIST will provide many chances for scholarships for international students to ensure that they have a secure life while here in Korea.
For more information, please visit official website: adm2.unist.ac.kr.
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST), Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kumoh National Institute of Technology, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Seoul National University of Science & Technology (SeoulTech), Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, University of Ulsan, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships - Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Pusan National University, Korea
- Postdoctoral Research Opportunities, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), USA
- Master, PhD & Postdoctoral Positions in Structural Engineering, Kunsan National University, Korea
- Master, PhD & Postdoctoral in Civil Engineering, Kunsan National University, South Korea
- ASEAN Millennium Leaders College Student Exchange Scholarships, Daejeon University, Korea
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.