The MISOCO Mundus Master`s has been designed for people working or intending to work in the field of migration and social cohesion; regardless of their race, gender, religion, age, and/or geographical origin.
Candidates are chosen on the basis of the quality of their education and professional background, their experience in and concern for migration issues, their multicultural sensitivity, and their linguistic abilities.
All applicants must follow the joint application procedure as established by the MISOCO consortium.
Admission may be granted to applicants who meet the following common admission criteria:
- Students with academic bachelor´s degree (or equivalent) in social sciences discipline closely related to the programme (sociology, social/cultural anthropology, political science, and (human) geography) are invited to apply, provided that they meet entry requirements as specified below.
- Students with degrees in the other social sciences International Relations and International Development and/or have at least 60 EC in Social Sciences Methodology and Theory may also apply.
- All applicants are expected to have a solid basis in the field of social sciences theory of at least (an equivalent of) 30 EC earned during previous study Applicant should have sufficient knowledge of social sciences research methodology of at least (an equivalent of) 20 EC.
- Applicants should have at least earned 10 EC in a relevant sub-field of social sciences.
- A Minimum grade average of B (ECTS system), B+/A-/3.5 (American system), First class Honours degree (Bristish system) or 7.5 Dutch system.
- All non-native speakers of English applying to MISOCO are required to demostrate proficiency in the English language. Applicants who are nationals of countries other than the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland or New Zealand are required to submit an English test score that meets specific requirements: TOEFL (Computer-based test 250 pt.,Internet based test 100 pt., paper-based test 600 pt.) or IELTS (7) Certificate.
- Practical experience in the area of migration in governmental, inter-governmental, and/or non-governmental organisations and institutions is valued.
- Complete applications received.
The selection committee takes into account the following:
- Type and level of academic qualifications.
- Level of motivation and concern for humanitarian issues.
- Level of language abilities.
- Type and level of research experience.
- Type and level of professional experience.
Application Procedure: Step-by-step instructions
- ALL APPLICATIONS for MISOCO Mundus Master`s MUST be made online at the MISOCO APPLICATION FORM ON-LINE (available 1st October)
- LOOK AT the online application and prepare all the data that you are asked to provide for each section of the form, and all the documents that you must attach to your application.
- READ carefully the criteria to determine whether you are eligible to apply for an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship (Description of eligibility criteria for an EM scholarship: nationality, 12 month rule for non-European scholarship, 3 EMMC`s max, non EMMC scholarship holder previously)
- FILL IN the APPLICATION FORM ON-LINE , completing each and all the sections as requested.
- ATTACH all compulsory documents to your online application:
- Copy of international passport (Only main page(s)).
- Certified copy of Diploma (if this document is not in English then you must attach an official translation) and, if available, diploma supplement.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts.
- Curriculum Vitae in English (Europass model: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/)
- Official proof of language abilities (where applicable).
- 2 reference letters.
SEND BY REGULAR MAIL TO THE COORDINATOR
Official, certified transcripts, of all university courses/ examinations taken, and credits and grades obtained, sent in a closed envelope, sealed by your university.
A certified photocopy of your diploma. Of the degree is mentioned on the university transcript, just a photocopy of the diploma will do.
Applications posted after the deadline, hence after the 15th of December 2010, will not be found eligible. The shipment date on your letter will be considered proof of sending. We advise that you registered mail services and obtain proof of sending.
Note that you need to submit your diploma and transcript both digitally and AND in hard-copy or your application will be considered incomplete. The documents must be sent to:
Emilie van Tol
Joint European Master in Internacional Migration and Social CohesionUniversity of Amsterdam (Coordinador)
Prins Hendrikkade 189b
Deadlines and Timelines:
15 December 2010 (Central European Time - CET): For all the categories
- Category-A students
- Category-B students
- Self-sponsored candidates
Results notification – 01.04.2011.
9 for Non-European students (Category A Scholarship) Category A scholarships can be awarded to students who come from a non-EU country and who are not residents nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work, ect.) for more than 12 months over the last five years in one of EU countries (2005-2010).
9 for European students (nationals of EU countries) and any master students who do not fulfill the Category A criteria defined above (Category B Scholarship) 1 (max) for students of Western Balkans and Turkey Erasmus Mundus scholarships are offered to non-EU and EU students based on the criteria specified in the ERASMUS MUNDUS 2009-2013 Programme Guide http://ec.europa.eu/education/external-relation-programmes/doc/call09/guide_en.pdf
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships, International Master in Management of IT (IMMIT), Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate Program (EMJD) 2010-2013, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus 2010 MSc Scholarships in Photonics, Europe
- Master Scholarships in European Literary Cultures, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Master Scholarship, Erasmus Mundus MACLANDS, Europe
- European Master on Work, Organizational, and Personnel Psychology (WOP-P), Erasmus Mundus
- European Master on Software Engineering (EMSE), Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Master Scholarships in Migration and Intercultural Relations, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Master Scholarships, Euroculture, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Master Scholarships in Data Mining and Knowledge Management (EM-DMKM), Europe