Park Hyatt wants to expand its activity by creating a new chain of small-sized hotels, addressed to a young target (aged 18/30, with good disposable income, well-educated and interested in arts/design/culture, travelling for leisure with friends or as a couple) in small towns that benefit from the presence of one or more touristic attractions.
The towns supposed to host the new hotels are not too far from main capital towns, so that one-daytrips are easy to arrange, but thanks to their small size (population under 50.000) allow the guests to experience a more relaxing approach to tourism.
The hotels will be located in small, charming historical buildings. For the new hotel chain Park Hyatt needs to find a name and a logo and to define the basic elements of the brand image: business cards, letter paper, envelopes and the main page for a booking / check-in app for mobile devices.
Additional proposals to give a better definition of the new brand mood are welcome; for example: advertising ads (on/offline), interior decorations for rooms and/or public spaces inside the hotels, staff clothes, hotel-branded products to be sold to the customers and so on.
Projects will be selected and evaluated by the Faculty of the Master in Visual Brand Design, Domus Academy.
- Project description: maximum 6 A4 illustrated boards (including a short written description)
- Curriculum vitae of the participant in A4 format (max 1 page) in .PDF digital file.
- Statement of purpose in A4 format (max 5 lines) in PDF digital file.
- Domus Academy app lication form*.
The candidates are asked to send their materials in one sole file in .PDF format. Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the jury. Application fee is waived for competition participants.
- One scholarship covering 70% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program.
- One scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program.
- One scholarship covering 30% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program.
The works must be sent by e-mail to Domus Academy by and no later than September 15th 2013. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by e-mail on October 7th 2013.
Projects in digital format must be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Paper works must be sent to:
Young and Pampered Competition 2014
Master Program in Visual Brand Design
Via Carlo Darwin, 20
20143 Milan - Italy
Master Program Description
The Master in Visual Brand Design is a unique opportunity for acquiring hands-on skills and indepth knowledge on how to design the identity of a company and/or organisation, by integrating graphic design skills with strategic thinking. The concept of branding is moving away from the traditional idea of creating an “image” that represents the name and values of a company, by exploring a broader view that incorporates several disciplines, from visual design to sound design, from storytelling to consumer psychology and marketing techniques, thus addressing a strongly integrated approach the aim of which is to identify the core assets and orchestrate them into a consistent brand identity. Branding is now much more than just the definition of a visual image: it’s the creation of a rich and attractive environment, grabbing the consumer’s attention and bringing that person into the brand world, to share those brand values and to become an informal sponsor of the brand. The Master will provide students with key skills in becoming a Visual Brand Designer with a complex and rich approach, capable of orienting company needs towards an innovative direction.
Candidates holding a first-level academic diploma or BA degree, or about to graduate within the academic year 2012/13 and with a knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate minimum).
Every moral or paternity right as to the project remains property of the author. The projects sent to Domus Academy will not be returned. All the material must be the result of an unpublished work developed by the candidate, not to be used by the candidate in other or previous occasions.
For more information, please visit official website: www.domusacademy.com.
- Master in Fashion Styling and Visual Merchandising Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Fashion Management Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Business Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Car Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Vehicle Design and Mobility Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Fashion Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Interior & Living Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Accessories Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Business Design Scholarship, The Coca-Cola Company - Domus Academy, Italy
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.