The international Master of Arts MIREES is a Second cycle Joint Degree (120 ECTS), awarded by the Faculty of Political Science “Roberto Ruffilli” in cooperation with the following partner universities: Vytautas Magnus University at Kaunas; Corvinus University of Budapest; Saint-Petersburg State UniversitySi apre in una nuova finestra. MIREES is an innovative graduate programme, taught entirely in English , unique in Italy and Europe, devoted to students that have a BA background in Economics, Politics, International Relations, History, Agricultural or Cultural studies at large, and would now like to acquire a specialized, in-depth knowledge of the Post-socialist Countries in transition, the new EU member States after the Enlargements of 2004 and 2007, as well as the New East-European Neighbour Countries.
- A suitable personal preparation in either Law, Economics, Social Sciences (Political science, Sociology, Political Geography, Demography, Gender Studies, Psychology, Anthropology), Humanities (History, Philosophy,Literature, Language Studies, Cultural studies) and Agriculture, both European and international, and also in recent political and economic events in the European and international contexts, usually supplied by a First Cycle Degree (BA).
- Essentials computer science skills and an active knowledge of English, whilst accepted students will be encouraged to use at least two languages among those of the EU Member States and deepen the knowledge of the qualifying language skills offered by MIREES.
- The selection criteria are high-quality university performance, quality and quantity of works already published, strong motivation and language competence; relevant professional experience will also be appreciated.
How to apply
Before applying online using the AlmaWelcome online service , applicants are strongly suggested to check the information listed below they will be required to provide:
- motivation to participate in the Master`s MIREES
- who will write the two letters of recommendation
- any working experiences, scholarships, publications, academic honors, distictions and the like
- if a scholarship to participate in the programme is required
- the Embassy where the visa will be applied for.
After registering on AlmaWelcome, applicants are required to send the following paper docs:
- completed Application form which can be downloaded from AlmaWelcome;
- completed programme proposal which can be downloaded from AlmaWelcome;
- a detailed English-written curriculum vitae ac studiorum;
- a copy of the degree certificate, with the full transcript of all exams passed, with results, issued by the University where the degree was obtained, together with a back-to-front photocopy of an identity document and a signed student`s statement confirming that it is a faithful copy of the original.
- English language certificate (not required in case of English mother-tongue applicants or students who were awarded a BA from an English language university).
- Two letters of introduction written by Academics in English or, if the applicant belongs to an institution, by the institution`s manager (the letters can be sent either by the applicant or by its writer)
- Attestation of essential computer skills
- A copy of each publication, if any.
*All documents are to be produced in English or Italian and submitted by 15 September 2010. In the event the required documents are not written in English or Italian, they shall be accompanied by a translation into English written on unstamped paper. The translation can be done by the applicants themselves.
For more info visit official website.
The European Regional Master`s Degree in Democracy and Human Rights in South-East Europe (ERMA), is a regional interdisciplinary one–year full time MA programme. It is established in 2000, by eleven participating universities and research centers, coordinated by the Center for Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Studies of the University of Sarajevo in cooperation with the University of Bologna through its Istituto per l`Europa Centro–Orientale e Balcanica. The ERMA programme is an educational activity intended for students that would combine practical experience in human rights issues with further academic study.
- Bachelor, Master and PhD Scholarships for International Students, Heinrich Böll Foundation, Germany
- Abdullah Al-Mubarak Research Fellowship in Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies, Pembroke College, UK
- IMD MBA Alumni Scholarships, Switzerland
- Falak Sufi Scholarship, Graduate School of Arts & Science, New York University, USA
- Master in European Business (MEB) Scholarships, ESCP Europe
- Master Scholarships, Euroculture, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- 15 PhD Scholarships, Faculty of Humanities, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Master Scholarships, University of the Arts London International Graduate Scholarships, UK
- Jim-Ellert MBA Scholarship, Switzerland
- Jackie Chan Charitable Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships in Film, Visual & Performing Arts, University of Kent, UK