A number of fully funded PhD and Masters scholarships are available within the Joint Postgraduate Program in Mathematical Science of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), Campus Morelia, and the Michoacan University of San Nicolas of Hidalgo.
The PhD scholarships are tenable for up to 3 years and have a stipend of 10,768 Mexican Pesos per month (770 US Dollars, equivalent to six Mexican minimum wages). The Masters scholarships are tenable for up to 2 years and have a stipend of 8,076 Mexican Pesos per month (577 US Dollars, equivalent to four and a half Mexican minimum wages). Health coverage will be provided by the Mexican social security system.
Applicants should have or expect to gain a university degree in Mathematics or related discipline with an average of 8 or higher on a 10 point scale. Non- Spanish speakers are expected to become proficient in Spanish within two years.
The preferred starting date is 7th February 2012. Deadline for applications is 3rd November 2011. The entrance exam is scheduled for 5th November 2011. Foreign students are required to arrange for a faculty member to supervise the exam at their home institution.
A complete application includes a cover letter addressed to the Comité Académico del Posgrado en Matemáticas specifying contact details, CV, copies of university degrees, a copy of an identity document (passport, driving licence, etc), and contact details of two academic referees. Applications should be send electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details visit: http://posgrado.unam.umich.mx (in Spanish).
For informal enquiries, please contact Dr. Elmar Wagner, email: email@example.com.
- Master and PhD Studentships in Mathematical Science, National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Erasmus Mundus Master Scholarships in Mathematics for Europeans, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Master Scholarships, Mathematical Modelling in Engineering, Europe
- Mathematical Linguistics Scholarship, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic
- PhD Stipend in Mathematics and Physics, Aalborg University, Denmark
- PhD Student in Mathematics, University of Luxembourg
- Fully Funded PHD Studentship in Cooperative High Resolution Mosaicing for Autonomous Ground Vehicles, Cranfield University, UK
- PhD Studentships in the Field of Ecology of Infections, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- MathMods MSc Scholarships, Mathematical Modelling in Engineering, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- PhD Position in Biometrics, University Goettingen, Germany
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.