MASTER or PhD STUDENT IN BIOINFORMATICS
(Deep sequencing data analysis)
Applications are invited for a master student or PhD student position on the analysis of highthroughput sequencing data. Our groups (AG Vogel, AG Sharma) are interested in using Solexa and SOLiD technology for gene expression profiling (RNA-seq) and the identification of small RNAs and microRNA, and post-transcriptional regulons in pathogenic bacteria and eukaryotic hosts (see our recent publications in Nature 2011 31;471(7340):602-7, EMBO J 2011 18;30(10):1977-89, Nature 2010 464(7286):250-5; PLoS Genetics 2008 4(8):e1000163).
The successful applicant will work in the dynamic environment of the Institute for Molecular Infection Biology (http://www.infektionsforschung.uni-wuerzburg.de/). Applicants should have a bachelor/master/diploma degree, and a strong background in bioinformatics/computational biology and gene expression analysis. Additional knowledge in microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or/and infection biology would be beneficial.
Informal inquiries about the positions can be made to Dr. Konrad Förstner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community regardless of race, gender or disability are welcome. Please send applications including a short letter of motivation, CV and publication list, copies of relevant documents and contact information of academic references as a single PDF-file via E-mail until Friday, July 15th 2011 to the above mentioned E-mail address.
- Doctoral Fellowships in Industrial Biotechnology, Germany
- Master in Space Science and Technology, Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, Europe
- PhD scholarship in Bioinformatics at the National University of Ireland, Galway
- PhD Student in Statistical Bioinformatics, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Studentships in Bioinformatics / Computational Biology, University College Cork, Ireland
- Otto Bayer Scholarships, Bayer Foundations, Germany
- PhD Position in Computational Biology at University of Freiburg, Germany
- Fully Funded PhD Research in Epigenetics, Immunobiology, Cell Biology or Bioinformatics, Max Planck, Germany
- PhD Positions, Helmholtz International Research School Molecular Neurobiology, Germany
- PhD Studentship Bioinformatics / Systems Biology, Ghent University, Belgium