The Asian Development Bank - Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) was established in April 1988 with financing from the Government of Japan. The objective of the program is to provide an opportunity for well qualified citizens of the Bank’s Developing Member Countries (DMCs) to undertake postgraduate studies which will assist the economic and social development of their countries.
Who is eligible?
Citizens of developing member countries of the Bank (see list and selection criteria) who have a minimum of two years’ working experience and who are eligible for admission to the following degree programs at the University of Sydney:
- Master of Economics
- Master of Commerce
- Master of International Business
- Master of Transport Management
- Master of International Public Health
- Master of Engineering
Please note, applicants living or working outside their home country are not eligible for this scholarship. Also, no applicant will be allowed to apply for the ADB-JSP scholarship more than two times.
Application closing date for courses starting in July 2010 is 30 November 2009.
ADB Developing Member Countries
The following countries are ADB Developing Member Countries:
- People’s Republic of China
- Cook Islands
- Fiji Islands
- Hong Kong China
- Republic of Korea
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- The Republic of the Marshall Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Republic of Palau
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Chinese Taipei
- Qualifications of the candidate.
- Applicants with less than two years of work experience will not be selected.
- Preference to women candidates.
- Preference to applicants with lesser financial capacity.
- The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who have previously studied abroad.
- The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who are pursuing a second master’s degree or a second doctorate degree.
- Candidates who are applying in a participating academic institution in their own country may not be selected.
- Diversification of nationality in the overall Program as well as at each participating academic institution will be considered.
You can complete the Application Form by following the instructions on the form.
Please download the ADB-JSP application form (191kb PDF).
For further information please contact:
The University of Sydney
NSW 2006 AUSTRALIA
Phone - +61 2 8627 8302
Fax - +61 2 8627 8387
Email - adbscholarships[at]io.usyd.edu.au
- Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Sydney, Australia
- International Master Scholarship in Law, University of Sydney, Australia
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Tropical Palaeo-climate, University of Sydney, Australia
- PhD Scholarship in Experimental Fluid Mechanics, University of Sydney, Australia
- Postgraduate Scholarships in Hydrogeochemistry, University of Sydney, Australia
- Jae My Postgraduate Scholarship in Korean Studies, University of Sydney, Australia
- University of Sydney International Scholarship (USydIS), Australia
- ADB-Japan Postgraduate Scholarships, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- PhD Scholarship in Environmental Fluid Mechanics, University of Sydney, Australia
- Dr Abdul Kalam International Scholarships, University of Sydney, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.