The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region through higher education, research and outreach. Established in Bangkok in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some of the top universities in the world. Recognized for its multinational, multi- cultural ethos, the Institute operates as a self-contained international community at its campus located 40 km (25 miles) north of Bangkok.
His Majesty the King’s Scholarships
A full scholarship granted to qualified candidates with excellent undergraduate achievements from any Asian country to pursue a master’s degree in any of the disciplines offered by the School of Engineering and Technology (SET) and the School of Management (SOM). For the August 2010 intake, 21 King’s Scholarships are available.
Her Majesty the Queen’s Scholarships
A full scholarship granted to qualified candidates with excellent undergraduate achievements from any Asian country to pursue a master’s degree in environment-related fields offered by School of Environment, Development & Resources (SERD). For August 2010 intake, 9 Queen’s Scholarships are available.
Details of the Scholarships
The scholarships provide an opportunity for students of diverse backgrounds from all countries in Asia to study and do research work together in the truly international environment of AIT, to mark the highest honor for His Majesties the King and Queen of Thailand, and to build a good foundation for international understanding among people of Asia.
Each scholarship award covers tuition and fees, accommodation, and a bursary for living expenses in AIT’s residential campus, for the entire period of the 22-month master’s degree program, with values as shown in the following table:
- Tuition and registration fees for 4 semesters: 752,000 Baht
- Accommodation and bursary for living expenses for 22 months: 214,500 Baht
- Total Value of Scholarship ( ~ 35 Thai Baht = 1 USD): 966,500 Baht
Who are Eligible to apply?
- Any citizen of Asian countries.
- Graduated in related fields from accredited institution.
- Have a good education record in a 4-year undergraduate program with CGPA above 3.5 or equivalent, and high proficiency in English (a TOEFL score of 550 or equivalent).
Application / Nomination Deadline 15 April 2010.
Nominations from Department Heads and Faculty Advisors of prospective candidates are invited by filling the attached form and fax it to 662-524-5069 or send by email to rtg[at]ait.ac.th. The nominees are then requested to fill the application form downloadable from http://www.ait.ac.th/admissions or apply on-line there. If any required document is not yet available, please indicate and submit later.
For details on the available fields of study, link to School websites at www.ait.ac.th. For further details of Scholarships, contact Ms Wannapa Pliansri at +662-524-5071 or send email to rtg[at]ait.ac.th
- Siam Cement Group (SCG) Foundation Scholarships, Thailand
- Student Finance 2010/11, Queen Mary, UK Government
- Postdoctoral / Research Position, Desalination Technology, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
- International Undergraduate Scholarships, Queen’s University Belfast, UK
- Master & PhD Scholarships, Hitachi Scholarship Foundation, Japan
- Master Scholarship, Desalination Technology, King Abdulaziz University (KAU), Saudi Arabia
- Double Degree Master, Urban Water Engineering and Management, Thailand & Netherlands
- Eurasian University Network for International Cooperation in Earthquakes (EU-NICE) Scholarships
- Master Scholarships in Mechanical Engineering, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- PhD Studentships, School of Geography, Queen Mary, University of London, UK