The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI) and the ASEAN Foundation (AF) have entered into an agreement to develop highly qualified human resources in the area of science and technology within ASEAN member countries through the Chulabhorn Graduate Institute - ASEAN Foundation Post-Graduate Scholarship Program in Science and Technology.
The CGI is a multidisciplinary post-graduate academic institute established in 2005, under the initiative of Professor Dr. Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol. The aim of CGI is to employ the most recent interactive teaching techniques used in leading educational and research institutions to train students in the program to be effective thinkers and leaders in their fields of expertise, to better serve their countries’ needs towards sustainable development. The CGI is presently offering programs leading to a Post-Graduate diploma and a Master’s degree in Applied Biological Sciences: Environmental Health, Environmental Toxicology, and Chemical Biology.
The ASEAN Foundation, an initiative of the Leaders of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), was established on 15 December 1997 to help bring about shared prosperity and a sustainable future for the peoples of all ASEAN countries. It has been mandated to promote greater awareness of ASEAN and greater interaction among its peoples and their increased participation in ASEAN activities as well as to undertake development cooperation activities that enhance mutual assistance, address equitable economic development and reduce poverty.
This year, 5 (five) scholarships are available for ASEAN nationals (except Thai citizen) who are interested to pursue a Master Degree at the CGI. Selection of successful applicants will be based on merit.
- Scholarships are open to bonafide ASEAN nationals (except Thai citizen)
- Hold a Bachelor Degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 in one of the following fields:
- Applicants from other related fields are also welcome to apply.
- Have at least 2 years work experiences in related field. Applicants with laboratory research experiences will receive favorable consideration
- Applicants must have demonstrated English proficiency, preferably on one of two recognized test of language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Applicants must provide a statement of purpose explaining their interests in the study
Field of Study
- Applied Biological Sciences: Environmental Health
- Environmental Toxicology
- Chemical Biology
The scholarship will cover tuition and other academic fees, round trip airfare, accommodation allowance, monthly stipend, book allowance, health insurance and others.
The award is tenable for a period of 2 years, subject to an annual review of the scholar’s satisfactory progress.
Applicants should complete the Chulabhorn Graduate Institute – the ASEAN Foundation Post – Graduate Scholarship Program application form and submit together with other supporting documents to:
The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI-AF Joint Scholarship Program)54 Kamphangphet 6 Road,Laksi, Bangkok 10210 THAILAND Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for the CGI-AF Scholarship Program is due on 30 October 2013. Pre-session orientation program will commence in April 2014 while the academic program will commence in June 2014.
Notification of the Award
Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome by CGI.
CGI - AF scholarship application form and medical history and report can be downloaded from here.
For more information, please contact
Address: The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute 54 Kamphangphet 6 Road, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 THAILAND
Tel Nos: (66 2) 554-1900 ext. 2155, 2154, 2130
Fax Nos: (66 2) 554-1990 / 554-1992
Address: ASEAN Foundation Jl. Sam Ratulangi No.2, Menteng,Jakarta – 10350 INDONESIA
Tel Nos: (62 21) 3192-4828 / 3192- 4833
Fax Nos: (62 21) 3192-6078
For more information, please visit official website: www.cgi.ac.th.
- Master Fellowship in Comparative and International Disability Policy, Thailand
- Siam Cement Group (SCG) Foundation Scholarships, Thailand
- ASEAN Millennium Leaders College Student Exchange Scholarships, Daejeon University, Korea
- Sato International Scholarship Foundation (SISF), Japan
- ASEAN Master Scholarships, University of Nottingham, UK
- ASEAN Foundation Research Scholarship, National University of Singapore
- ASEAN Graduate Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Ajinomoto Scholarship for ASEAN International Students, University of Tokyo, Japan
- ASEAN-Korean Youths Asian Cross-Cultural Exploration (ACCE) Camp Programme
- Newcastle University ASEAN Scholarship for Indonesia, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.