A key component of the U.S. government’s development program in Indonesia has always been training, and the support for both short and long-term exchange opportunities continues to be powerful tool in helping individuals, organizations, and institutions acquire the knowledge, skills, and capacity to support Indonesia’s on-going development. Program to Extend Scholarships and Training to Achieve Sustainable Impacts (PRESTASI) provides opportunities for Indonesians to earn Master degrees in selected fields primarily from a university in the US. PRESTASI is open to all Indonesians who meet the requirements.
Target of participant for PRESTASI Program are as follow:
- Emerging Leaders
- Public and private sector institutions
- Female participation
- Under-represented and disadvantaged areas
The goal of PRESTASI is to improve the performance and leadership skills of Indonesian professionals, which, in turn will help to promote development in Indonesia. Specifically, PRESTASI will provide training and technical services required to strengthen and expand the base of skilled, high-performing professionals and institutions in Indonesia’s public and private sector.
PRESTASI will continue to support the tradition of participant training and human capacity development by providing opportunities for advanced academic degrees in the U.S. and Indonesia. Since 2007, PRESTASI has supported 162 participants for short term opportunities and 191 participants for longer term opportunities to study in the U.S., Indonesia and third countries.
The selection process is highly competitive.
Candidates must show:
- Leadership abilities
- Excellence in a technical field
- Academic interests that are relevant to the achievement of USAID/Indonesia and GOI development goals
- Academic or other necessary qualifications for the desired training.
- Indonesian citizen
- U.S. government employee/USAID contractor staff or employee where salary is directly paid by U.S. government is ineligible to apply
- Available for a minimum of 10 (ten) years of employment prior to retirement upon completion of study
- Evidence of English ability in the form of either ITP TOEFL® score of 450 or IBT TOEFL® score of 45 or IELTS™ score of 5.0
- Hold a bachelor degree or equal, with minimum GPA of 2.75 (scale 4.0)
- Have a strong commitment to return Indonesia upon graduation
- Currently not receiving scholarship from other institution
- No prior master degree
- Minimum two (2) years working experience in the same field with the proposed of study
Following is list of documents which must be submitted together with your application form (mandatory documents):
- Completed and signed application form
- Certified undergraduate certificate and academic transcripts
- Recent photograph (4×6, B/W or color)
- Recent curriculum vitae (in English)
- Copy of valid national ID Card (KTP or Passport)
- Valid TOEFL® ITP or TOEFL® IBT or IELTS™ scores result
- Original Reference Letters, in sealed envelopes (3 Letters)
- Letter of Approval from Personnel Office of Applicant’s working institution
Below documents might be attached to support your application (optional):
- Latest salary slip
- Copy of certificates and awards
- Copy of article, journal, research or cover page of your publication, etc.
- Application Deadline: April 12, 2013
- Document Review : April – May 2013
- Criteria Review: June – July 2013
- Interview : August 2013
- Announcement: September 2013
IIEF (Yayasan Pendidikan Internasional Indonesia)
Menara Imperium 28th Floor, Suite B Metropolitan Kuningan Superblok Kav.1
Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said, Jakarta 12980, Indonesia
For more information, please visit official website: prestasi-iief.org.
- Bachelor, Master and PhD Scholarships by USAID, USA
- International Education Week by Education USA AMINEF & Fulbright, Indonesia
- Fulbright Master & PhD Agricultural Scholarships, USAID
- Beasiswa Kursus Bahasa Inggris di Amerika Serikat, Indonesian International Education Foundation
- Undergraduate Scholarships for Indonesian Students, New York University Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Freeman Indonesia Nonprofit Internship Program, Institute of International Education, USA
- UGM Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Fund (SYLFF) Scholarship, Indonesia
- Study in The Netherlands, StuNed Scholarships for Students from Indonesia
- Sumitro Fellowship Program, USA - Indonesia
- Master and Doctoral Scholarships for Indonesian Students by Australian Development Scholarships