The MEEES programme is an Erasmus Mundus Masters Course, that aims to provide higher-level education in the field of Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology. Graduate students involved in this Erasmus Mundus Masters course have the possibility of following a 18-month MSc programmes on either Earthquake Engineering or Engineering Seismology. In addition, the proposed EM Masters course envisages also the possibility of students following a 18-month study programme that leads to the attainment of a Masters degree on Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology.
If following the Engineering Seismology option, students will acquire the ability to design, execute and evaluate assessments of seismic hazard for site-specific engineering projects, for earthquake loss assessments, and for emergency planning scenarios. Students following the Earthquake Engineering option will acquire the ability to undertake seismic design of new structures and the assessment and strengthening of existing structures. The combined option of Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology will enable students to acquire technical competence in both areas.
The MEEES consortium comprises four academic institutions, namely (i) the Institute for Advanced Study of Pavia (IUSS), (ii) the University of Patras, (iii) the University of Grenoble 1 “Joseph Fourier” and (iv) the Middle East Technical University. It is noted that the first institution runs the postgraduate earthquake engineering programme in Pavia, through the Centre for Post-Graduate Training and Research in Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology (ROSE School). Hence in subsequent sections of this website, the term ROSE School is employed to refer to the activites of IUSS within the scope of the MEEES consortium.
- Eurasian University Network for International Cooperation in Earthquakes (EU-NICE) Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate Program (EMJD) 2010-2013, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships, International Master in Management of IT (IMMIT), Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2010 in Robotics, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus MSc Scholarship in Ecohydrology, Europe
- European Master on Work, Organizational, and Personnel Psychology (WOP-P), Erasmus Mundus
- PhD Research Scholarships, Institute of Catastrophe Risk Management (ICRM), Singapore
- Erasmus Mundus Master Scholarships in Mathematics for Europeans, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Master in Journalism, Media and Globalisation Scholarships, Europe
- European Master on Software Engineering (EMSE), Erasmus Mundus, Europe
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
For more information, please visit official website: www.meees.org.