Siam Cement Group (SCG) Foundation Scholarship Program
The SCG Foundation is pleased to grant up to 6 full scholarships for individuals wishing to study at the Master of Arts Program in International Development Studies (MAIDS) at Chulalongkorn University for the upcoming 2010-2011 academic year.
Please note that in previous years the scholarship was limited to full-time government employees or civil servants, but it is now open to non-governmental workers, students, and other individuals with a background in development, as well as government employees.
1. Eligibility (6 Scholarships)
Scholarships are open to government workers, non-profit sector employees, students and other individuals with a background in development from each of the following Southeast Asian countries:
The SCG Foundation and the MAIDS programme will seek to distribute one scholarship per country.
2. Scholarship Coverage
I) Living Expenses
- Roundtrip airfare (up to 25,000 baht)
- Housing (5,000 baht/month)
- Food (8,000 baht/month)
2) Education Costs
- Tuition Fees (Thai Scholar: 252,000 baht; International Scholar: 337,500 baht)
- Workshop and/or Fieldtrips (15,000 baht)
Total Scholarship Value
- Thai Scholarship: 464,800 baht/scholarship
- International Scholarship: 575,300 baht/scholarship
3. Scholarship Conditions:
I) Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications for MAIDS admission AND be admitted to the MAIDS program.
II) SCG Foundation Scholars are expected to graduate within the prescribed 12 month period (excluding the pre-session course). Students who are required to enroll in additional semester(s) will have to bear the additional cost of living and tuition fees.
III) SCG Foundation Scholars must not be employed - either part-time or full-time - during their studies/scholarship tenure.
IV) Following graduation, SCG Foundation Scholars are expected to return to work for their home governments for a period of two years.
4. MAIDS Program Admission Requirements:
I) Entry Requirements
- Applicants should possess a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in the social sciences with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0.
- Applicants should also have 2 years work experience in a related field. Mature students, junior to mid-level government officials with experience in development are encouraged to apply.
II) English Language Requirements
Candidates will be required to demonstrate an acceptable level of language proficiency. Applicants should have achieved an English language score of at least 6.0 on the British Council IELTS, 550 in the paper-based TOEFL, 213 in the computer-based TOEFL, or 550 in CU-TEP (Chulalongkorn University Test of English Proficiency). These three above-mentioned tests are the only ones excepted by Chulalongkorn University. Please also note English tests scores must be less than two years old at the time of application.
Please note that these scores, although a minimum requirement for admission, do not guarantee successful admission or completion of the program. The candidate should feel comfortable writing graduate-level academic essays and participating in class discussions in English.
5. Recruitment Procedure:
I) Application Deadline: March 31st, 2010
II) Preliminary Applicant Screening:
III) Short-listed Candidate Interviews:
IV) Final Selection:
V) Pre-session Course for Selected Students:
VI) Program Commencement:
- Eurasian University Network for International Cooperation in Earthquakes (EU-NICE) Scholarships
- Student Exchange Scholarships for ASEAN Students, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Siam Cement Group (SCG) Foundation Scholarships, Thailand
- Master Fellowship in Comparative and International Disability Policy, Thailand
- Thailand Scholarships | Beasiswa Thailand
- ASEAN Millennium Leaders College Student Exchange Scholarships, Daejeon University, Korea
- Master in European Business (MEB) Scholarships, ESCP Europe
- Doctoral Sandwich Program Scholarships by AUN/SEED-Net
- Bachelor, Master and PhD Scholarships by USAID, USA
- Master Scholarships, Asian Institute of Technology, King and Queen of Thailand
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.