The Institute for Transport Studies (ITS), University of Leeds, is offering a number of fees scholarships, each worth up to £7750, to provide development opportunities to students of outstanding ability, achievement and potential.
The scholarships will fund 50% of the tuition fees for UK, EU or international students to undertake a full-time Masters degree programme at ITS. The scholarships form part of the ITS mission to advance the understanding of global transport, via the development of future transport professionals. Scholarship applications will be assessed on a competitive basis, and it is anticipated that up to five awards will be made.
Institute for Transport Studies
ITS is globally recognised as one of the world’s largest and most successful University departments for transport teaching and research. ITS Masters programmes are accredited by leading professional bodies and equip students with the practical skills for progression to a range of professional-level careers in the transport industries. Scholarship applications can be made for any of the five programmes:
- MA Transport Economics
- MSc Sustainability (Transport)
- MSc Transport Planning
- MSc Transport Planning and the Environment
- MSc (Eng) Transport Planning and Engineering
Applicants must first hold an offer (conditional or unconditional) of an academic place on an ITS Masters programme for the academic year commencing September 2014.
Value of the scholarship
The scholarships provide a 50% tuition fee waiver for the 2014-15 academic year (equivalent to the value of £7750 for international students or £2750 for UK/EU students).
Applicants should submit the ITS scholarship form, including a statement of 500 words on how a Masters degree would enable them to make a difference to transportation (e.g in their country, region or area) and specifically to tackle a significant problem or issue.
Scholarship applications should be submitted to ITS no later than 12th June 2014 for international applicants, and by 7th July 2014 for UK/EU applicants.
For further details including the application pack and full terms and conditions, please visit the ITS website: www.its.leeds.ac.uk/courses/masters/scholarships
- Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships 2010 for International Students, University of Leeds, UK
- IDEA Applied and Professional Ethics Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- POLIS International Scholarship, School of Politics and International Studies, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships in Transport and Communications, Netherlands
- MSc in Transport Planning Scholarships, University of the West of England, UK
- Fully Funded Research Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- PhD Studentships in Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), Oxford Brookes University, UK
- International Excellence Scholarships, Faculty of Engineering, University of Leeds, UK
- School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- PhD Student in Traffic Assignment, Hasselt University, Belgium
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.