Kent Law School offers a limited number of scholarships to students who are liable to pay overseas students’ fees. The scholarships are open to all overseas applicants on the LLM programmes offered at the Canterbury campus.
Two scholarships are available. The first will provide tuition fees at the full overseas rate (£12,030 in 2013/14) along with living expenses (equivalent to £13,726 in 2013/14). The second will provide tuition fees at the full overseas rate.
The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence.
The closing date for applications is Monday 17 March 2014. A decision will be taken as soon as possible after the closing date. Candidates who have not been contacted by 31 May 2014 can assume that they have not been successful.
- Applicants must have submitted a separate application for study on the Kent LLM at the Kent Law School in Canterbury in order to be considered for an Overseas Scholarship.
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence.
- Where candidates are rated equivalent in terms of academic excellence, their financial circumstances will (if possible) be taken into account in deciding on an award.
- The number of scholarships to be awarded will be at the discretion of the Law School.
- An applicant should apply for the award of the scholarship as outlined below.
- In order to take up a scholarship, it will be necessary for an applicant to meet all of the conditions specified in their offer of a place on the Kent LLM.
- Scholarships may not be deferred.
- Applicants who are unsuccessful, or who are unable to take up the offer of a scholarship, may apply for funding in subsequent years.
- Any scholarship offered must be firmly accepted within one month of date of offer.
- Students who are successful in the application will be considered Kent LLM Scholars and will have the opportunity to act as LLM Ambassadors.
Information to be provided by applicants
An application should make a case for the award of the scholarship to the applicant. The case for the award of a scholarship should be between 1000 and 1500 words. The case for the award should:
- Describe the applicant’s academic achievements and performance in university studies.
- Discuss the applicant’s reasons for wishing to study for the Kent LLM.
- Outline the applicant’s financial circumstances, indicating in particular whether the scholarship will make a difference to the feasibility of studying at the University of Kent. All applicants are required to indicate how they intend to pay for living expenses and all other costs during their postgraduate studies.
Further, students are asked to submit one piece of academic writing. This could be either a piece of coursework previously submitted for assessment at a previous institution or it could be a 2,000 word essay written for this application on a topic of the applicant’s choosing.
Applicants are reminded to ensure that their academic referees have submitted full references in support of their application for a place on the programme. A seperate reference for the scholarship is not required.
Applicants may also submit a limited number of supporting documents, as they think appropriate. It is unnecessary to send a copy of documents which have already been submitted as part of the application process for a place on the programme(s) in question.
Correspondence and enquiries
Enquiries may be addressed to the Postgraduate Office by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone on 0044-(0)1227 823154 or 0044-(0)1227 824595.
Candidates must also complete a KLS PG Funding Application form which should be emailed to email@example.com along with the letter making a case for the award and their writing sample.
- Kent International Pathways Scholarships, University of Kent, UK
- MA Scholarships in Modern History, University of Kent, Paris
- School of Arts International Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Kent, UK
- MA Scholarships, University of Kent, Paris
- Postgraduate Research Scholarship in Mathematics, University of Kent, UK
- International Scholarships for Undergraduate Students, University of Kent, UK
- PhD Scholarships in Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science, University of Kent, UK
- International Scholarships for Taught Masters Students, University of Kent, UK
- MA in Architecture and Cities Scholarship, Kent School of Architecture, University of Kent, UK
- School of Biosciences Scholarships for International MSc Students, University of Kent, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.