The Rovira i Virgili University is announcing a competitive call for grants to study on a university master’s degree programme during the academic year 2011–2012. These grants are aimed at new international students.
The grants consist of the whole amount of the registration of the first academic year (60 ECTS credits, including registered and recognized, fees and insurance) and a study bursary of 4.000€.
In the case of on-line masters degrees, the grant only will consist of the whole amount of the registration fees of the first academic year.
In the case of masters’ degrees of 120 ECTS credits, if 60 ECTS credits of the first year are recognized due to previous formation, the grant will involve the whole amount of the second year registration (60 ECTS credits). The student should pay the fees of recognition of the first year.
The Postgraduate and Doctoral School will be responsible for transferring the study bursary to the beneficiary student, by means of the Economic Resources Service. In addition, it will be responsible for paying the registration and tuition fees to the Academic Management Service, and for paying the insurance premium to the insurance company.
Students must not be the beneficiaries of other incompatible grants or bursaries (see section 1.9 of the present call). Should they be awarded another grant or bursary of the same characteristics, they will have to explicitly renounce one of them and return the amount they have already received.
1. Beneficiaries must be registered for at least 60 ECTS credits of a URV university master’s degree. This figure includes the number of recognized credits.
2. Beneficiaries must have been favourably evaluated by the specially appointed Committee and their coefficient must be within the total number of grants to be awarded.
3. International students must not have Spanish residence.
4. Those beneficiaries who are registered in master’s degrees with a virtual component must spend at least two months in the URV.
Documents that must be presented with the application:
a. Signed application form addressed to the rector of the university
b. Declaration that the beneficiary does not reside in Spain
c. Academic transcript with the average grade of the previous academic year.
d. The Postgraduate and Doctoral School can ask students for any other documents that may be required to appraise their application during the selection process.
Presentation of applications
The deadline for presenting applications is 30th April 2011 inclusive.
Applications can be submitted by e-mail at the address email@example.com
Alternatively, they can be submitted by certified mail or handled physically at the following address:
Escola de Postgrau i Doctorat
Universitat Rovira i Virgili
Crta. de Valls s/n, Edifici W1, planta baixa,
Visit official website.
- International Master in Quaternary and Prehistory (IMQP), Erasmus Mundus
- Spain Scholarships | Beasiswa Spanyol
- PhD Scholarships in Various Research Projects at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
- European Master on Work, Organizational, and Personnel Psychology (WOP-P), Erasmus Mundus
- Master Scholarships in Economics, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, Spain
- Master Scholarships, BBVA Foundation, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, Spain
- PhD Studentship in Marine Palaeoclimatology, Institute of Environmental Science and Technology, Spain
- European Master Scholarships in Nuclear Fusion Science and Engineering Physics, Erasmus Mundus
- European Master in Tourism Management (EMTM) Scholarships, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Global Health Supply Chain Internship, MIT - Zaragoza International Logistics Program, Spain
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.