The Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry is one of the leading research institutes within the fields of biochemistry, cell- and structural biology, and biomedicine. With its seven scientific departments, about 25 research groups, and a staff of around 850 people, the institute is one of the largest institutes within the Max Planck Society.
The group “Maintenance of Genome Stability” at the Max-Planck-Institute of Biochemistry is inviting applications for
Master Student in Cell Biology (starting date: as soon as possible)
Eukaryotic cells are mostly diploid, but the chromosome numbers might vary due to defects in maintenance of chromosome stability, as we see often in cancer cells or during aging. The main focus of our research is to understand how eukaryotic cells maintain their chromosome numbers and how they response to the aberrations in chromosome composition. The project would specifically focus on polyploidy and aneuploidy in budding yeast and involves a wide range of techniques from molecular genetics, biochemistry, cell biology to systems biology, thus providing excellent training opportunities. Successful applicant will work in an exciting research environment with access to novel technologies and excellent infrastructure.
Candidates with a strong interest in genetics and cell biology are invited. Applicants should be highly motivated and interested to work in a young team of international scientists. Communication skills and good knowledge of the English language are required.
The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
Please send your application before August 10, 2011, preferably by email, including CV and a statement outlining your motivation and research interests to:
Zuzana Storchova, PhD Group Maintenance of Genome Stability
Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry
Am Klopferspitz 18
- Postdoctoral Position, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Germany
- Fully Funded PhD Research in Epigenetics, Immunobiology, Cell Biology or Bioinformatics, Max Planck, Germany
- PhD Position, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology, Germany
- Doctoral Fellowships in Industrial Biotechnology, Germany
- Postdoctoral in Epigenetic Research, Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics, Germany
- Postdoctoral Fellowships, Max Planck Center for Visual Computing and Communication, Germany
- PhD Student, Department of Biomedical Molecular Biology, Ghent University, Belgium
- Doctoral Fellowships in Psychology, International Max Planck Research School, Germany
- International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering, Germany
- Master / PhD Student in Bioinformatics, University of Würzburg, Germany
I interest to learn more about tissue culture,coz in my work I had responsibility to developed rabies virus in BHK cell line
Is there any chance to apply in the next year?thank you.
Am much interested in the above research and study. How will i go for the application this year. Thanks !
Ich bin ein Student der XI High School,
bald besetzen die 12. Klasse,
Ich möchte ein College-Stipendium zu finden
Land. Besonders Programme wie
Stipendienprogramm in Deutschland, ob
gibt es ein Stipendium für mich? Oder
Programme, die direkt meanjutkan kann
zu Hochschulen im Ausland nach meiner
absolvieren. Bitte Info. Dank