In the framework of the Gaspard Monge program for optimization and operation research (PGMO, sponsored by EDF R&D), the Jacques Hadamard Mathematics Foundation (FMJH) is offering one year scholarships for talented students applying to a second year (M2) of one of the master programs in mathematical optimization offered by one of its member institutions (Université Paris-Sud, ENS-Cachan, Ecole Polytechnique, ENSTA).
The scholarships are open to all students who have a bachelor’s degree in mathematics (or related to mathematics) and who have or will have completed the first year of a Master or PhD program in a foreign or French academic institution during the academic year 2011-2012. The enrolled students have to register in the second year (M2) of a Master program in optimization, uppermost in one of the FMJH member institutions. They will be encouraged to spend their research internship in one of the research teams involved in the PGMO.
The stipend is 10,000 euros per year. Laureates won’t have to pay any tuition fees and will benefit from the French health insurance system (Sécurité Sociale).
For foreign students: the FMJH will support travel expenses (one round-trip ticket, economy class from your residence). The FMJH will also provide french courses and assistance at the arrival in France. The FMJH will try, as much as possible, to provide housing in students dormitories (the cost will be directly deduced from the scholarship).
The students cannot combine their scholarship with any other remuneration.
Complete the relevant online form below and send it before June 2th, 2012 at midnight (Paris time, +1 GMT) without forgeting to mention the precise Master program and chosen track.
Only electronic submission using the online form will be considered.
Applications for the 2012-2013 PGMO Master program are open from Wednesday May 9th until Saturday, June 2th.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of the selection process Thursday June 10th.
The scholarships are open to all students. The selection process will be based on the academic quality of the transcript and recommendation letters, as well as on the matching of the student personal interests and of the PGMO goal of developing mathematical optimization.
The selection will be carried out by the executive board of the PGMO, under the supervision of its Scientific Committee, in coordination with the heads of the Master programs involved in the FMJH.
Candidates can obtain further information at the following address : firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit official website: www.fondation-hadamard.fr.
- Erasmus Mundus Master Scholarships, Mathematical Modelling in Engineering, Europe
- Master Scholarships of the “Mathematics for Life Sciences” (Master2 MathSV), France
- PhD Scholarship in Applied Mathematics and Scientific Computing, FEMTO-ST, Besançon, FRANCE
- PhD Studentships in Multiscale Models for Arrays of Microsystems, FEMTO-ST, France
- PhD Studentships in Mathematics, Basque Center for Applied Mathematics, Spain
- Glen and Joy McKee Mathematics Scholarship, University of Adelaide, Australia
- France Scholarships | Beasiswa Perancis
- Lebesgue Master Scholarships in Mathematics, France
- Erasmus Mundus Master Scholarships in Mathematics for Europeans, Europe
- PhD Stipend in Mathematics and Physics, Aalborg University, Denmark
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.