The Aberdeen Business School is able to offer a limited number of scholarships to assist exceptionally able students who wish to undertake its MBA programme.
The MBA scholarship takes the form of a reduction in the normal tuition fees by a specified amount. Successful applicants will be responsible for paying the balance of their tuition fees, and for all their other travel and living expenses.
Scholarships range from £3,000 to £9,000. The numbers of Scholarships awarded varies from region to region.
Online MBA and Executive Part-time MBA
Scholarships range from £500 to £3,000 and are open to all applicants.
All applicants must meet the normal admission criteria for the MBA programme.
Candidates with an offer for the MBA, MBA Information Management, or MBA Oil and Gas Management degrees can apply for a MBA scholarship.
The scholarship application is judged on three criteria:
- The student’s past academic qualification
- Whether the student has demonstrated career progression and achievement, and
- Evaluation of an essay of 1,000 - 1,500 words written by the student.
Guidance Notes for the Written Essay
Applicants for a scholarship should prepare and submit an essay of 1,000 - 1,500 words under the following headings.
1. Business Experience
Demonstrate how your business and managerial experience to date has provided some unique insights into business and business processes and how these can be made relevant to your class colleagues and in which modules of the course.
2. Interpersonal Skills
Demonstrate how your interpersonal skills will exceptionally enhance group based learning during your course.
3. Cultural and National Prospective
Outline your cultural and national prospective and demonstrate why this will be of interest to other members of an international class.
4. Special Attributes
Outline any academic or other specialised skill achievements that you possess which will enhance and contribute to class discussion and debate.
5. General attributes
Generally demonstrate why your application should be considered ahead of others from your region. Guidance Notes for the Written Essay
Full-time MBA Application
Please download and complete the MBA Full-time Scholarship Application Form (Word document):
Online MBA and Executive Part-time MBA Scholarship Application
Please download and complete the MBA Online Scholarship Application Form (Word document):
The form and the written paper should be sent with all other essential documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your email “MBA Scholarship Application”.
Scholarship applications should be submitted by:
- For the September intake, August 31
- For the January intake, December 5
Applications for a scholarship will be assessed by the admissions panel on a competitive basis.
Scholarships will be awarded to students on the basis of their potential contribution to the course, assessed by information gained from their application form, scholarship application paper, references, and any other relevant information.
Decisions on the award of scholarships will be made by the MBA Scholarship Committee. The MBA Scholarship Committee meets each month. When a decision has been reached this will be immediately communicated to the applicant.
The School will not enter into any correspondence about unsuccessful applications for scholarships.
- Merit Scholarship, School of Nursing & Midwifery, Robert Gordon University, UK
- Merit Scholarships for Business, Management & Accounting Students, Robert Gordon University, UK
- Merit Scholarship, School of Health Sciences, Robert Gordon University, UK
- Merit Scholarships, School of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, Robert Gordon University, UK
- Robert L Platzman Memorial Fellowships, University of Chicago, USA
- Robert S McNamara Fellowships Program, World Bank
- Architecture, Construction & Surveying Merit Scholarships, Robert Gordon University, UK
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Plant Biochemistry, University of Sydney, Australia
- International Master in Quaternary and Prehistory (IMQP), Erasmus Mundus
- Research Fellowships in Materials Development, University of Wollongong, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.