The School of Media, Film and Music is delighted to offer four £5,000 scholarships to UK/HEU and non EU students who have been accepted on any of the following Masters programmes starting in September 2013:
- Film Studies: Global Film Cultures
- Gender and Media
- Media and Cultural Studies
- Creative Media Practice
- Digital Media
- Digital Documentary
- Journalism and Media
- Journalism and Documentary
- Multimedia Journalism
- Music and Sonic Media
The scholarships are offered as a reduction in tuition fees of £5,000 and will be awarded to students who possess the highest academic ability and potential (not made on the basis of financial need).
Type of award
£5000 fee waiver
- Applicants must have been offered a place on one of the above Masters degrees.
- Applicants must commence the degree in September 2013 (awards cannot be deferred to subsequent years).
- Current Sussex undergraduate students are eligible to apply.
The award is available to people from these specific countries: Afghanistan, Islamic State of, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Principality of, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Kingdom of, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo, The Democratic Republic of the, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Curacao, Cyprus (European Union), Cyprus (Non-European Union), Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guam (USA), Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast (Cote d’Ivoire), Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyz Republic (Kyrgyzstan), Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Not Known, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestinian Territory, Occupied, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn Island, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, S. Georgia and S. Sandwich Isls., Saint Barthelemy, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis Anguilla, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin (French Part), Saint Tome (Sao Tome) and Principe, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Sint Maarten (Dutch Part), Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Stateless, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City (Holy See), Venezuela, Vietnam, Virgin Islands (British), Western Sahara, Yemen, Yugoslavia not otherwise specified, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Applications should be made on the attached application form:
By 1 May 2013: Deadline for all applications to be received. Please ensure that you have applied for one of the MA programmes listed above by 1st April 2013 to allow time for processing (you must have been made an offer of a place to be eligible to apply for the scholarship)
By 31 May 2013: Applicants notified of the outcome of their application by email
For further information on the scholarships please contact Mrs Pat Mounce Tel: +44 1273 872574 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholarship for MA in Media Practice for International Development, University of Sussex, UK
- PhD Studentships in Film and Media, Bradford Media School, University of Bradford, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, School of Psychology, University of Sussex, UK
- Pegge Scholarship for MSc Evolutionary and Adaptive Systems, University of Sussex, UK
- SAE Institute Jakarta Scholarship Challenge
- MSc Scholarships, Climate Change & Development / Policy, University of Sussex, Institute of Development Studies, UK
- Draper Undergraduate Scholarship, University of Sussex, UK
- HALCROW-CH2M HILL Scholarship, University of Sussex, UK
- Informatics Masters Scholarships, University of Sussex, UK
- MSc Climate Change Scholarships, University of Sussex, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.