The Melbourne International Fee Remission Scholarship (MIFRS) is awarded to international students wishing to undertake graduate research degree studies at the University of Melbourne. MIFRSs are funded by the University with each faculty having a limited number to award.
Each year the University of Melbourne offers about 150 MIFRSs.
Benefits and conditions
The MIFRS covers full tuition costs, but not overseas student health care.
To be considered for a MIFRS, applicants need to apply for scholarship and candidature in a graduate research degree course (eg. masters by research, PhD or other research doctorate) at the University of Melbourne. Further information concerning the eligibility criteria can be found in the conditions.
- Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Melbourne, Australia
- MMI-CSIRO PhD Materials Science Scholarship, University of Melbourne, Australia
- PhD Studentships in Finance, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Harold Ford Melbourne JD Scholarships, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Islam and Law in Southeast Asia Fieldwork Scholarships, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Foundation Studies Scholarships, RMIT University, Australia
- Vice-Chancellor’s Senior Research Fellows, RMIT University, Australia
- Melbourne International Research Scholarships (MIRS), University of Melbourne, Australia
- Endeavour International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS), University of Melbourne, Australia
- Master of Biotechnology by Coursework Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.