Aberdeen Business School is pleased to offer a number of merit scholarships to outstanding students who wish to study at the School from September 2013 or January 2014.
This page contains details of all scholarships available on courses apart from the MBA (Masters of Business Administration). Please click below if you wish to apply for an MBA scholarship.
Please read through the following information carefully.
- Number of awards: 150
- Value of awards: £2000, £1500, or £1000 per award
Applicants need to complete a scholarship application form, available in the How to Apply section.
This scholarship is applicable to all MSc courses in this area of study.
Who can apply:
- An International student paying fees at the overseas rate or
- A UK/EU student on a full cost course for which the course fee has been set in excess of 6,000 GBP and
- You hold the offer of a place on one of our courses
The Scholarship Awards Panel will meet regularly to consider all eligible scholarship applications received prior to their meeting.
All applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Previous academic record and your suitability for postgraduate study in School, ie:
- Class of degree / CGPA / final score of first degree
- Relevance of your first degree to the course you are applying for
- The standing of the previous academic institution attended
- Any prizes or awards given to you in your first degree
- Relevant industrial or professional experience giving evidence of workplace experience that is relevant to the course you are applying for;
- Personal achievements: evidence of personal achievements to date which indicate your ability to contribute to the wider life of the University community during your studies and the professional community that you will be joining on graduation;
- Evidence from the Personal Statement provided that you are deserving of financial support on the grounds, for example, of personal academic achievement in the face of adversity.
How to Apply
IMPORTANT: We must receive your completed scholarship application no later than Friday 26 July 2013 for September 2013 intake and Friday 6 December 2013 for January 2014 intake.
Please note that in order to be considered for a scholarship, you must already hold an offer of a place to study on an eligible course at the School commencing September 2013 or January 2014; you must therefore ensure that your course application for a place is submitted well in advance of the above date.
As part of the scholarship application process you are required to write a short statement in support of your application, which should address the following points:
- Why you are applying for the scholarship;
- How you will benefit from the opportunities that being given the award will provide;
- How you would contribute to the University community during your studies here.
You may refer to activities, achievements and personal qualities which are particularly relevant to your application.
You must include with your scholarship application the following documents:
- A scanned copy of your final transcript detailing your degree classification and/or CGPA;
- A scanned copy of your IELTS/TOEFL certificate or other English language qualification;
- A scanned copy of your University offer letter (or email if you have not received your letter).
Applications which are incomplete, missing required data or are illegible will be considered invalid. You may only apply for an award once. Multiple applications will not be considered.
Notification and acceptance
- Applicants will be informed of the Panel’s decision by email and will have 7 days from receipt in which to accept any offer;
- Failure to respond within the 7 day period will automatically result in the offer being withdrawn.
All decisions on scholarship applications will be made by the School’s Scholarship Awards Panel. All decisions are final and we cannot enter into correspondence with unsuccessful applicants. There are no grounds for appeal against an unsuccessful application with the following exception:
- Where there is evidence of alleged improper conduct or irregular procedure during the scholarship awards process.
Any student, who wishes to appeal on the above ground, should write in the first instance to the Director of Marketing Communications and Student Recruitment, outlining your evidence of alleged improper conduct or irregular procedure during the awards process, and the Director will respond within 20 working days.
Terms and Conditions
All scholarships are awarded in the form of a discount on fees paid. Please note the following:
For Full Time students:
Scholarship amount of £2000 or £1000 should be deducted from the fee payable (Finance to reflect this in the invoice to students).
For Distance Learning students:
Deduction from fees should be made based on the completion of stages of the MSc as follows:
- For £1500 Scholarship
- £500 on commencement of Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert) stage
- £500 on commencement of Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) stage
- £500 on commencement of MSc stage
- For £1000 Scholarship
- £400 on commencement of Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert) stage
- £400 on commencement of the Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) stage
- £200 on commencement of the MSc stage
A scholarship will be withdrawn if:
- You fail to accept the offer within the time permitted.
- Your scholarship or University application is found to contain incomplete or inaccurate information.
- You defer your offer of a place or suspend your studies.
In the event that a scholarship is withdrawn, you will be required to pay the full fees due for your course.
- MBA Scholarships, Robert Gordon University, UK
- Postgraduate Scholarships, Henley Business School, University of Reading, UK
- Merit Scholarship, School of Nursing & Midwifery, Robert Gordon University, UK
- La Trobe Business School Masters by Coursework Scholarship, La Trobe University, Australia
- 2 Undergraduate Scholarships in Accounting & Finance, Monash University, Australia
- Executive Deans Honours Scholarship, Faculty of Business and Law, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- The City of Joondalup “Focussing on the Future” Award, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- PhD Scholarships in Accounting and Finance, University of Edinburgh Business School, UK
- Master Scholarships, Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Merit Scholarship, School of Health Sciences, Robert Gordon University, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
this is the quetion
I want tobe businessman
I can member
My name is Aris Maulana, from Indonesia. I’m 16 years orld. I really really want get this scholarship. But i don’t know how to get this scholarship.
So please help me, send information about this scholarship to my e-mail : Maulana_aris27@yahoo.com oke. Please and Thanks Before
hey my name is yolanda. i’m 17th. i have so much passion with this scholarship especially business scholarship. next year will be my year to go to college. please give me more information about this scholarship. thankyou somuch
with love, yolanda
I have S2 ( Food Industry Management ) and the 47 -year -old , is still able to get a scholarship ?
hey my name miftachul choiriyah.I was still half 5 I hope can scholarship for study continue S2 major management..thanks you
Hallo, my name Ria and i’m 35 years old. i hope can scholarship for study continue S2 major accounting. ok please send the information to my email. thank you so much.
I’m from Indonesia I’m student of Senior High School. I am interested in this opportunity, I would like to seek knowledge, I want to gain experience,My hope is to get this opportunity and I choose