The Microsoft NZ Research Internship Award was established in 2010 for the purpose of fostering collaborative research between the University of Canterbury and Microsoft Research Asia, facilitated by Microsoft NZ
New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident (unless otherwise agreed with Microsoft Research Asia & Microsoft NZ prior to the student submitting his or her application)
Work on a project that contributes to Microsoft Research Asia’s programme of fundamental research and is of interest to the student
Select a project area with a degree of difference from their PhD project
Suspend study/work on their PhD research topic during the tenure of the internship
Visa application and associated costs - University of Canterbury
Return economy flights from Christchurch to Beijing and travel and health insurance – University of Canterbury
Landed costs in Beijing (to include accommodation, food and local travel) – Microsoft Research Asia
Stipend for living allowance whilst in Beijing – Microsoft Research Asia
Return economy flights to the approved conference and conference fees (up to a maximum of NZ$4,000) – Microsoft NZ
The duration of each placement will be 3-6 months. These placements may be offered by Microsoft Research Asia in subsequent years in which case the parties may wish to run the Microsoft NZ Research Internship Award again for those years.
In addition, each student will receive funding in order to attend a conference of the student’s choice that is relevant to the student’s PhD research, which is to be attended after the internship has finished and within 12 months of the award being given.
Application form: download here.
Application deadline: 31 July 2010
For further information
Questions regarding academic advice
Professor Steve Weaver email@example.com
- PhD Scholarship in Structural Chemistry, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Evans Fund Scholarships, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Dennis William Moore Scholarship in Astronomy, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Microsoft Undergraduate Scholarships - USA, Canada & Mexico
- Microsoft Research Graduate Women’s Scholarship, USA & Canada
- Master Scholarships LLM, Kent Law School, University of Kent, UK
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Classical Piano Performance, New Zealand School of Music
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Classical Piano Performance, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Patricia Pratt Scholarship in Musical Performance, Massey University, New Zealand
- NASA Undergraduate Student Research Program (USRP), USA
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.