The Microsoft Research Graduate Women’s Scholarship is a one-year scholarship program for outstanding women graduate students and is designed to help increase the number of women pursuing a PhD. This program supports women in the second year of their graduate studies. Women who are interested in this scholarship must apply during first year of graduate studies. Scholarships are granted by Microsoft Research at the discretion of Microsoft.
- Microsoft begins accepting applications for the 2014 awards: Tuesday, August 13, 2013.
- Due date for all applications: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, at 11:59 P.M. Pacific Time.
- Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- No notification of incompleteness will be made.
- No exceptions to the deadline will be approved.
Provisions of the award
- The scholarship recipient award includes US$15,000 for the 2014–2015 academic year.
- A conference and travel allowance of US$2,000 is provided for recipients to attend a conference in their field of study.
- Scholarships are awarded to recipients for one academic year only and are not available for extension or renewal.
- The recipient must remain as active, full-time student, enrolled in graduate programming during the academic year of the award or forfeit the award.
- Microsoft NZ Research Internship Award Programme, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Sookmyung Women’s University, Korea
- Microsoft Undergraduate Scholarships - USA, Canada & Mexico
- Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program by Government of Canada
- Government Finance Professional Development Scholarship, USA - Canada
- PhD Scholarships in Ultrafast Lasers and Photonics, Nonlinear Optics and Biophotonics, University of Manitoba, Canada
- Canada-Africa Research Exchange Grants (CAREG)
- Richard Motyka Brain Tumour Research Fellowship, Canada
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Fellowships in Ocean Observation, Modeling and Data Assimilation, Dalhousie University, Canada
- Women’s Research & Education Institue (WREI) Congressional Fellows on Women and Public Policy, USA
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
For more information, please visit official website: research.microsoft.com.