The Mona Hatoum Scholarship
Application guidelines for October 2013 entry
A Scholarship has been established through a donation from former Visiting Professor, Honorary Fellow and Byam Shaw Alumna Mona Hatoum. The scholarship is worth £15,000 and will be a contribution towards tuition fees for a student accepted on the Extended Full-time MA Fine Art course at Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design.
Applications open to International students only who will benefit from postgraduate studies to realise their full potential and who are unable to finance themselves through their studies. The scholarship will be awarded according to financial need and academic merit
To be eligible for the Mona Hatoum Scholarship, applicants must be:
- An International student AND
- Accepted for a full-time Masters Degree in Fine Art at Central Saint Martins College, commencing October 2013. AND
- An undergraduate student expecting to graduate with a first or 2:1 in a Bachelors Degree (with Honors’) from a Higher Education institution, or an HE accredited Further Education institution by 31st July 2013. OR
- A graduate, having already gained a first or 2:1 in a Bachelors Degree from a Higher Education institution, or an HE accredited Further Education institution. OR (for applicants without a bachelor’s degree)
- Able to demonstrate substantial equivalent and applicable experience.
The assessment procedure for applications
Your application will be initially assessed by University of the Arts London Student Funding Service Team based on the financial information supplied in your application and ranked according to financial need. Further evidence may be requested at a later date.
Applications short listed as a result of the above process will then be forwarded onto a selection panel at the college who will make the final decision by ascertaining the academic potential of each application.
The panel’s judgment is final and no correspondence whatsoever will be entered into over the decision that has been made.
Terms of the Mona Hatoum Scholarship
Applicants must enrol on the MA course in the same academic year for which they have applied for funding. If any applicant is unable to do this for any reason, the scholarship will be withdrawn. The award will be divided into two payments of £7,500 to help towards tuition fees for year one & two of studies. The Mona Hatoum Scholarship holder will be expected to attend all timetabled classes and tutorials, excepting periods of absence due to illness. Attendance will be monitored, and any student with an unacceptable attendance record may risk the termination of their Scholarship. Scholarship recipients are expected to attend a small number of College and University events promoting scholarship support to potential donors, and to meet with scholarship supporters at these events, during and wherever convenient after completing their course.
The college will terminate the award if a registration lapse on any grounds, other than temporary suspension of study due to extenuating circumstances, which must be drawn to the attention of the relevant course director at the college through formal procedures and upheld by the college’s Extenuating Circumstances Panel.
Informing applicants of the final decision
All applicants will be informed of the final decision in writing at the end of August 2013. A letter will be sent to the correspondence address on the application form. You must inform us in writing if your address changes, so that we can contact you at the correct address.
Please do not telephone or send us an email to ask the about the outcome of your application as our staff are not authorised to give this information over the telephone or by email.
Applying for Mona Hatoum Scholarship
The application form for the Mona Hatoum Scholarship is at the end of this document. You may also call the Student Funding Service Team on 020 7514 6146 to receive another copy of these guidelines and application by post.
It is anticipated that the number of applications received for this scholarship will far exceed availability, and many applicants will be unsuccessful. It is therefore extremely important that your application form is fully and accurately completed.
In addition to the application form you will need to send the following supplementary material:
- A portfolio of your work minimum 10 pieces (NB: we can only accept CD ROMs and/or DVDs).
Please send your FULLY COMPLETED application by post to:
Student Funding Service Team
University of the Arts London
272 High Holborn
All applications must be received by 12pm (midday) on Friday 9th August 2013.
Please note that we are unable to accept applications by email or fax. Applications that arrive late or are incomplete will not be accepted. No amendments can be made to applications once received.
For more information, please visit official website: www.arts.ac.uk.
- Master Scholarships, University of the Arts London International Graduate Scholarships, UK
- The Cecil Lewis Sculpture Scholarships 2010 / 2011, University of the Arts London, UK
- Liberal Arts Undergraduate Scholarships, King’s College London, UK
- Music Scholarships, City University London, UK
- MBA Scholarships, London School of Business and Finance, UK
- International Master Scholarships, University of the Arts London, UK
- University Doctoral Studentships, City University London, UK
- Master Scholarships in Ethical Leadership, King’s College London, UK
- Master Scholarships in Fine and Applied Arts, Netherlands
- Undergraduate Scholarships, City University London, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.