MSc by Research - Developing a documentation process for the qualification and validation of medical devices
Supported by the European Regional Development Fund, East of England Development Agency, and JEB Engineering Design Limited, a studentship of up to £12,000 for one year plus UK/EU fees is available
JEB Engineering Design Limited is a leading company within domestic electrical sector and medical device sector, focused on precision press tool design and manufacture coupled with component manufacture. This project is part of a current initiative in the company aimed at developing a validated tooling and manufacturing process for the medical devices it is producing. This validation will establish documented evidence that provides a high degree of assurance that a specific process will consistently produce a medical device meeting its pre-determined specifications and quality attributes.
This project aims to reduce the overall resource consumption, including time, skills and paperwork, in the development of medical devices by improving the current validation process. The project will include:
- identifying the current validation process used by the company;
- identifying ‘best practice’ validation processes in medical device sector;
- developing documentation process for the company;
- validating the proposed documentation process using real-life case studies in the company
The successful applicant will be based at the JEB premises in Bury St Edmonds, however will be working with both a combination of company and Cranfield staff on a regular basis.
Doctoral Training Centres
This higher research degree is associated with one of our Doctoral Training Centre, which is funded in part by the Research Councils and industry. A generic core skills training programme is provided for all research students. This is structured as a series of half day or full day events and acts as a social and networking forum to foster and develop Cranfield’s research student community.
Applicants should have 2.1 or above UK honours degree, or equivalent, in a relevant discipline such as medical engineering, quality control, quality engineering, design engineering, manufacturing/industrial engineering or mechanical engineering.
Supported by the European Regional Development Fund, East of England Development Agency, and JEB Engineering Design Limited, this studentship will cover the tuition fees at the UK/EU rate only. Non UK/EU students will have to pay the remainder of their tuition fees up front before commencing their studies. Applicants are also eligible for a bursary of up to £12,000 for one year depending upon qualifications and experience.
How to apply
If you are eligible to apply for this research studentship, please complete the Application Form or you can request that we post one to you. Alternatively you may wish to apply online. For further information contact us today:
School of Applied Sciences
T: +44 (0)1234 754086
Please note that we are unable to consider submissions for specific research studentships that fall outside of the stated eligibility criteria.
Application deadline: 19 August 2011
Supervisor: Dr Ashutosh Tiwariand Dr Yuchun Xu
Duration of award: One year
Award type: MSc by Research
For more information, please visit official website: www.cranfield.ac.uk.
- MSc by Research Scholarship in Aerospace Best Practice Benchmarking, Cranfield University, UK
- MSc Research Studentship on Fatigue Performance of Laser Peened Aluminium Alloys, Cranfield University, UK
- MBA Scholarships (Defence), School of Management, Cranfield University, UK
- MBA Scholarships (Energy), School of Management, Cranfield University, UK
- MBA Scholarships (Logistics), School of Management, Cranfield University, UK
- MBA Scholarships (Media), School of Management, Cranfield University, UK
- MBA Scholarships (Pharmaceuticals), School of Management, Cranfield University, UK
- MBA Scholarships (High Tech), School of Management, Cranfield University, UK
- MSc by Research Studentship in Smart Grids Greener Energy, Cranfield University, UK
- MBA Scholarships (Entrepreneurship), School of Management, Cranfield University, UK