The MSc covers the essentials for those wishing to pursue a career in transport planning, whilst having a distinctive emphasis on the social context in which transport operates.
Key features of the course:
- Focuses on how transport can serve rapidly changing societies
- Unique multi-disciplinary approach to transport planning
- Considers UK and international perspectives
- Taught by staff at leading edge of research, policy and practice
- Open to students from diverse academic backgrounds
- Located in Bristol, the UK’s most innovative city for sustainable development
Scholarships of £3,000 available for MSc in Transport Planning
We are offering for the second year running a small number of scholarships to support MSc applicants as part of an initiative to attract ‘Gifted Next Generation’ transport planners.
Value of scholarship: £3,000 (payable on enrolment to the course)
Eligibility: All applicants (from UK or any other country) to study MSc Transport Planning full-time are invited to apply for a scholarship, except those already in receipt of another scholarship or bursary exceeding £3,000.
How to apply: After having submitted an application form to study MSc Transport Planning, you are invited to apply for a scholarship which will be awarded competitively. You should submit a written piece of work of no more than 1,000 words discussing how improved transport could support economic and social development in your home country and how studying UWE’s MSc Transport Planning would enable you to make a positive contribution to this. This written piece of work should be e-mailed to Steve Melia.
Deadline: Submission of the written piece of work must be by 28 June 2013. A panel will determine which applicants to support based on applications to the course as well as the written piece of work submitted. Scholarship awardees will be announced by early August 2013.
The MSc in Transport Planning course page includes entry requirements and how to apply for the course.
Please contact Dr Steve Melia if you would like to find out more about the MSc Transport Planning course, including opportunities to apply for funding support.
- Global Student Scholarship, University of the West of England, UK
- Chancellor’s Scholarship, University of the West of England, UK
- PhD Studentships at University of the West of England, UK
- Millennium Development Scholarship, University of the West of England, UK
- Justice Malek Ahmad Scholarship, University of the West of England, UK
- The Panasonic Trust Fellowships 2010, UK
- Doctoral Scholarship in Transport Planning, University of Glasgow, UK
- Psychology / Psychopharmacology Scholarships, University of the West of England, UK
- PhD Studentships in Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Master Scholarships in Transport and Communications, Netherlands
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.