Up to ten scholarships of £4,500 and three of £3,500 are available. The scholarships will be awarded to students who possess the highest academic ability and potential (not made on the basis of financial need).
These unique programmes address what is perhaps the most important issue of our time from a multidisciplinary perspective.
The courses aim to provide state-of-the- art training for the rapidly expanding market in climate change professionals within the public, private, consultancy and not-for-profit sectors and the development field.
The programmes are multidisciplinary and students will acquire specialist knowledge of the causes of climate change, the physical and human consequences, and efforts to mitigate and adapt to a changing climate. In the Development course particular attention is paid to the specific consequences of climate change for poverty in developing countries; processes of adaptation; and policy responses.
Courses are taught by leading researchers in these fields from within the Geography Department and the world renowned Institute for Development Studies (IDS) and Science and Technology Policy Research Unit (SPRU). Students have the opportunity to develop a specialist thematic or regional enquiry in the dissertation.
For full information see www.sussex.ac.uk/climatechange
For on-line application see https://www.sussex.ac.uk/pgapplication/
For scholarship applications see http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/pg/applying/funding/taught.php#climatechange
For inquiries email climate[at]sussex.ac.uk
- MSc Climate Change Scholarships, University of Sussex, UK
- PhD Studentships in Requirements Engineering and Climate Change, The Open University, UK
- PhD Project on Spatial Sustainability and Climate Change, Institute of Environmental Science and Technology, Spain
- Master in Forestry Management, Marine Resources Management, Clean Energy, Water and Sanitation, or Climate Change
- Sussex Graduate Scholarship, University of Sussex, UK
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Scholarships, Switzerland
- Chancellors International Scholarship, University of Sussex, UK
- Scholarship for MA in Media Practice for International Development, University of Sussex, UK
- Pegge Scholarship for MSc Evolutionary and Adaptive Systems, University of Sussex, UK
- Sociology and Gender Studies PhD Studentship, University of Sussex, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.