As a part of the celebrations of the 20th Anniversary of DICE (the Durrell Institute for Conservation and Ecology) and thanks to the generous support of the Garfield Weston Foundation, we are offering a number of fully funded scholarships for international students at taught Masters level in 2010. The scholarships will be for one year of study covering the cost of tuition fees and £12,000 for maintenance. The scholarships are available to nationals of any country paying international fees (excluding European Union, USA and Canada) for the following programmes:
Priority will be given to students from developing biodiversity-rich countries that are facing pressing conservation challenges. These are highly competitive awards aimed at talented conservation practitioners who have the potential to make a real difference in biodiversity conservation and management in their home countries. Successful applicants must demonstrate at least one year`s practical experience working in conservation. They must also demonstrate that they have applied elsewhere for scholarship funding.
HOW TO APPLY
Application for a scholarship is a two-stage process. First, you must apply for a place on one of the three MSc programmes through the University of Kent online postgraduate admissions process and meet all the admissions criteria. This must be done by 30 April 2010. Failure to provide all the application material (including two references) by this date may result in you being ineligible for the scholarships.
Once you have received a formal offer letter, you are then eligible to apply for a scholarship. To do this, you must send the following information to the address below by 31 May 2010:
- A cover letter and personal statement of <500 words summarising your academic and professional career so far and stating clearly why you wish to undertake the MSc programme at DICE.
- Alternative funding sources to which you have applied for support in coming to DICE for the MSc programme. The list must state whether your application was successful, unsuccessful or is under review, and must be supported by evidence (in the form of copies of applications or letters from the funder).
- A letter of support from a conservation organisation that is familiar with your work. They should fully explain how they think you would benefit from training at MSc level and how you would be likely to put this training into practice upon completion.
These three documents should be sent by email or post to:
Telephone: + 44 (0) 1227 827928
Fax: + 44 (0) 1227 827289
We expect to inform candidates whether or not they have been successful by mid-July 2010
- Kent International Pathways Scholarships, University of Kent, UK
- MSc Conservation and Biodiversity Scholarships, University of Exeter, UK
- MA Scholarships in Modern History, University of Kent, Paris
- School of Arts International Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Kent, UK
- MA Scholarships, University of Kent, Paris
- International Scholarships for Undergraduate Students, University of Kent, UK
- Postgraduate Research Scholarship in Mathematics, University of Kent, UK
- International Scholarships for Taught Masters Students, University of Kent, UK
- PhD Scholarships in Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science, University of Kent, UK
- Sports Scholarship Scheme, University of Kent, UK