The Derek and Maureen Moss Scholarships are awarded to three students of any nationality who have an excellent academic record and who are applying for admission onto the MSc in Carbon Finance. Each scholarship will be worth £8,000.
The scholarships are open to applicants who are applying for admission onto the MSc in Carbon Finance in September 2011.
Although applications for the scholarship should be made before 31 May 2011, the scholarship will only be awarded to an applicant who has firmly accepted their offer through payment of the deposit. Applicants who hold full sponsorships are not eligible for the scholarship.
If an applicant is successful in being awarded the scholarship, but subsequently declines their offer of admission on to the programme, the award of the scholarship will be withdrawn and awarded to another applicant.
Applicants should submit a 1,000 word essay, explaining why they feel they should be awarded a scholarship, and how the scholarship will benefit them. This essay should accompany their application for the MSc in Carbon Finance programme.
The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the benefits to the student. The decision will be made by a committee consisting of Directors and key staff from Admissions.
If you have already sent your application, you are welcome to apply separately. Please email email@example.com, stating which scholarship you are applying for, and enclosing your full name, UUN and contact details as stated in your programme application. Separate scholarship applications without these details will not be considered.
Deadline for application: 31 May 2011
A Selection Committee will meet in June 2011 to select the scholarship holders and the winners will be announced shortly afterwards. The successful applicants will be invited by the University to attend an award ceremony early on in the programme.
Derek Moss is a graduate of London University who retired from IBM in 1989 after holding various technical, marketing and senior management positions. He is a passionate believer in the need to control global warming; in addition, he appreciates the value of research on climate change being vigorously pursued by The University of Edinburgh, which is one of the world’s leading Universities engaged in such research. For more than five years, Derek has donated funds to the University in support of climate change research and he is offering scholarships to support outstanding students who will join the world’s first MSc in Carbon Finance starting in September 2011.
- Undergraduate Scholarships 2010/2011, University of Edinburgh, UK
- MSc Scholarships in Carbon Management, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Structural Composites with Carbon Nanotubes, Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais, Brazil
- Edinburgh Global Master Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Postgraduate Studentships, Centre for the Advanced Study of the Arab World, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Mathematics Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- PhD Scholarships in Nanotechnology Modelling, University of Wollongong, Australia
- School of Biological Sciences Taught Postgraduate Bursaries, University of Edinburgh, UK
- MSc Scholarships in Science Communication and Public Engagement, University of Edinburgh, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.