The Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre of the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS) in Singapore, which pursues research on historical interactions among Asian societies and civilizations, is accepting applications from scholars who wish to undertake research and writing in the area of intra-Asian historical interactions during 2010. The areas of particular interest to the Centre are detailed on the NSC website http://www.iseas.edu.sg/nsc/
Preference will be given to scholars who have completed their Ph.D. degree within the last ten years. The fellowship will be for a period of up to six months and can be commenced any time between April and December 2010.
While in residence in Singapore, the fellow is expected to complete a paper on the proposed topic, organize or contribute to a workshop, and give a public lecture at ISEAS. The fellowships include a monthly (all-inclusive) stipend of SGD $6,000, and a one-off payment of SGD $1500 to cover research costs. In addition, a round-trip economy airfare between the home country of the researcher and Singapore will be provided.
Applicants should include with their applications a cover letter, a full CV, two letters of reference, and a research proposal of approximately five pages (double spaced). The proposal should discuss the issue to be examined, a review of the relevant literature, plans for any fieldwork, and project time frame. The preferred period for the fellowship should also be advised.
The deadline for applications is 15 February, 2010 and should be directed to the following address:
Institute of Southeast Asian Studies
30 Heng Mui Keng Terrace
Electronic applications can be submitted to: programfellowships[at]iseas.edu.sg
Enquiries on the program should be directed to Geoff Wade, gwade[at]iseas.edu.sg
Institute for South East Asian Studies
- Asian Graduate Student Fellowships, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
- Fellowship Grant, Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore
- Islam and Law in Southeast Asia Fieldwork Scholarships, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Asia Journalism Fellowship, Singapore
- The Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) for Research and Technology Graduate Fellowships 2010, Singapore
- SMA3 Graduate Fellowship by Singapore Ministry of Education
- PhD Position in Southeast Asian Pop Music, Leiden University, Netherlands
- ASEAN Graduate Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Journalism Fellowship, Southeast Asian Press Alliance (SEAPA), Thailand
- Asia Center Graduate Summer Research Grants, Harvard University, USA