Applicants must be university graduates with at least a Class II Honours degree or equivalent and, at the time of award of the Scholarship, must have been offered admission as a candidate for a full-time higher degree by research at NUS.
Research Scholars will be given a monthly stipend and a full tuition fee subsidy. For Research Scholars in a Masters/Graduate Programme, the monthly stipend is S$1,500. For Research Scholars in a Ph.D. programme, monthly stipends for Singapore citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents and International Students are currently S$2,500, S$2,200 and S$2,000 respectively. For student intake prior to AY2010, the monthly stipend for Singapore citizen is S$2,300.
Research Scholars in a Ph.D. programme may be eligible for an additional stipend of up to $500 per month upon passing the Ph.D. qualifying examination, which is normally held 12 to 18 months after registration of candidature. The additional stipend is renewable annually subject to good performance and duration of the additional stipend varies among the different faculties and schools.
The Scholarship is tenable for an initial 1 year and, subject to the Research Scholar’s satisfactory progress, renewable annually up to a maximum of 1-2.5 years for Masters candidates and 3-4 years for Ph.D. candidates, as determined by the University.
Applicants will have to indicate their interest in the Scholarship via the NUS Graduate Research Programme Application System.
Notification of Award
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their applications sometime in May (for August intake) or October (January intake).
Terms and Conditions
Successful applicants are required to sign a letter of undertaking agreeing to observe the terms and conditions for the award of the Scholarship. A copy of the current terms and conditions can be assessed here.
- PhD Scholarships in Membrane Science, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship for Undergraduate Students, Singapore
- Fellowship Grant, Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore
- The Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) for Research and Technology Graduate Fellowships 2010, Singapore
- ASEAN Scholarships for Indonesia by Ministry of Education, Singapore
- Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
- Asian Graduate Student Fellowships, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
- A*STAR Undergraduate Scholarships, NUS, NTU, SUTD, Singapore
- Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre Fellowship, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS), Singapore
- SMA3 Graduate Fellowship by Singapore Ministry of Education
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.