The NGS Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research.
- Monthly stipend of S$3,200 up to 4 years of the PhD studies, or up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier.
- Other allowances include
- computer allowance
- book allowance
- conference allowance.
- Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
The terms for the NGS Scholarship are being reviewed. Revised terms of the Scholarship will be implemented from the January 2014 intake onwards. Please refer to NUS or NGS website regularly for updates.
- Opens worldwide.
- Graduates with a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine.
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications.
- GRE is compulsory for students applying from overseas. Only strongly recommended for graduates from local institutions, e.g. NUS or NTU.
- TOEFL is compulsory (ONLY applicable for applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English).
- Students are not eligible for the President’s Graduate Fellowship (PGF).
- Award is renewable, subject to satisfactory academic performance of CAP = 3.8 at the end of every semester.
Click here to apply online*. All supporting documents, together with a printed copy of the application form are to be submitted by post to:
* ONLY Online Applications are accepted. For instructions and application procedures, please click here.
For further queries about the NGS Scholarship, please contact Ms Anu at +65-6516 1480.
Closing Date for Application: 15th March 2014
- NUS MBA Awards - National University of Singapore
- PhD Scholarships in Membrane Science, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship, National University of Singapore
- Asian Graduate Student Fellowships, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
- Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship for Undergraduate Students, Singapore
- ASEAN Scholarships for Indonesia by Ministry of Education, Singapore
- The Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) for Research and Technology Graduate Fellowships 2010, Singapore
- Fellowship Grant, Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore
- Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
- ASEAN Graduate Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.