POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW IN RENEWABLE AND DISTRIBUTED POWER GENERATION (ARC LINKAGE PROJECT AT THE UNIVERSITY OF WOLLONGONG)
Expressions of Interest are invited for this position, which will be offered on a full-time basis for a period of 1.5 years with a possible renewal up to a further 1.5 years.
This Research Fellow will be required to conduct experimental/practical-oriented research on the ARC Linkage project and will contribute to infrastructure development for integration of renewable and distributed power generation to support electricity networks. Interested persons must possess a PhD in a relevant area of electrical engineering (or have submitted a thesis) preferably in electric power, and must have the ability to conduct experimental and laboratory based research in power engineering and have research capabilities in renewable energy technologies, including power system dynamics, stability and control. It is expected that interested persons will have a sound background on the application of power electronics in power systems.
The appointment will be at Academic Level A or Level B depending on qualifications, research and industrial experience (see salary details at http://employment.uow.edu.au/index.html)
TWO AUSTRALIAN POSTGRADUATE INDUSTRY AWARDS (PhD SCHOLARSHIPS) ON RENEWABLE AND DISTRIBUTED POWER GENERATION (ARC LINKAGE PROJECT AT THE UNIVERSITY OF WOLLONGONG)
Two Australian Postgraduate Industry Awards (APAIs), each worth $26,669 per annum (tax free) for three-years, are available for postgraduate research towards the degree of Doctor of Philosophy. Successful applicants will conduct research to contribute to infrastructure development for integration of renewable and distributed power generation into electricity grid systems. One APAI will conduct research on power quality aspects related to the integration of renewable and distributed power generation, and the other will carry out research on network control and protection issues associated with the integration of renewable and distributed energy resources. Candidates with undergraduate honours (Class I or II(1)) or Masters degrees by research in electrical engineering with power engineering major are invited to express their interest in applying for these awards.
For all positions, interested candidates should send supporting documentation including a CV and referee reports to the following address:
Associate Professor Kashem Muttaqi
Integral Energy Power Quality and Reliability Centre
School of Electrical, Computer and Telecommunications Engineering
University of Wollongong , NSW 2522, Australia
Tel: +61 2 4221 3413
Fax +61 2 4221 3236
- PhD Research Scholarship in Asia Pacific Studies, University of Wollongong, Australia
- MSc Scholarships in Renewable Energy Science, School for Renewable Energy Science (RES), Iceland
- PhD Scholarships in Superconducting Coils for Saturated Core Fault Current Limiters, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Postdoctoral Research Opportunities, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), USA
- PhD Research Scholarships, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Research Fellowships in Materials Development, University of Wollongong, Australia
- The Panasonic Trust Fellowships 2010, UK
- Postdoctoral Researcher in Genomics of Ageing, University of Liverpool, UK
- Master & PhD Positions in Chemical Engineering, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (DNA from Ancient Soils), Australia & New Zealand
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
postdoctoral control power electronic