The Drug Research Academy at the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Copenhagen is pleased to announce that a PhD fellowship will be available from 1 June 2011 to encourage young science graduates to embark on a career in drug research. The purpose of the Drug Research Academy is to train the next generation of drug researchers. Emphasis is on integrated research training to enable researchers to conduct innovative drug research in an interdisciplinary and highly integrated environment. The PhD study programme includes obligatory PhD courses with focus on key elements in drug research. The industrial perspective is considered essential and at least three months of research must be carried out in an industrial environment. Applications are invited for the three-year fellowship from candidates that hold or expect to hold a master´s degree in a field relevant to the following project:
Oral modified release - rational development strategy for oral modified release products.
Supervisors: Associate Professor Bente Steffansen, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chief Specialist Per Holm, H. Lundbeck A/S.
The project is co-financed by the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences and H. Lundbeck A/S.
The PhD fellowship is to be completed in accordance with the Ministerial order on the PhD programme at the universities (PhD order) from the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation and the Regulations and guidelines for the conferment of the PhD degree by the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences. The terms of employment are stated in the agreement between The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations and the Ministry of Finance.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences invites applications from all interested candidates regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin or religion.
For further information, applicants may contact the main supervisor.
How to apply
STEP ONE: Make one pdf-file (max 10 mb) with the following contents:
- Letter stating the interest and qualifications for the project (max. one page)
- Master´s degree diploma (including grade transcripts for bachelor´s and master´s degrees)
- Possible publication list
- Possible references
- Applicants with a Master´s degree from abroad should also enclose a short description of the grading scale used.
STEP TWO: Fill in the application form and upload the pdf. The application form is linked from the announcement: www.farma.ku.dk/stillinger
STEP THREE: Print the pdf-file and send one hard copy in an envelope marked “Reference 211-0062/11-0900” to:
University of Copenhagen
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
DK - 2100 Copenhagen
The hard copy has to be received at the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences before the application deadline.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 12 April 2011 at 12 o´clock noon.
An answer as to the granting of the fellowship can be expected appr. 5-6 weeks after application deadline.
- PhD Fellowships in Biopharmaceutics as Medicinal Products, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Postdoctoral in Oral Drug Formulation and Bioavailability Assessment, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- PhD Scholarships and Postdoc Positions in Mechanical Sensors and Vehicles for Oral Drug Delivery, DTU, Denmark
- PhD Fellowship, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- PhD Fellowship in Epigenetics and Signal Transduction in Cancer, BRIC, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- MSc in Drug Discovery & Pharmaceutical Sciences Scholarship, University of Nottingham, UK
- PhD Scholarships in Organic Synthesis & Polymer Chemistry, DTU Nanotech, Denmark
- PhD Scholarships in Water Engineering, Technical University of Denmark
- PhD Scholarships in Chemistry, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- HIV and Drug Use Research Fellowship, Switzerland