A PhD fellowship in connection to the Danish project “CATBOOSTER, PEMFC catalysts for boosted activity and enhanced durability” is available for a period of three years from September 1, 2011 at Institute of Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology and Environmental Technology at University of Southern Denmark.
The Ph.D. fellow will work in an interdisciplinary research project financed through the Danish ForskEL program with participation of other Danish research institutions and companies.
The project aim to develop a new generation of electrocatalysts for low and high temperature polymer membrane fuel cells (LT and HT PEMFCs). The project also aims at development of improved catalyst supports based on nano carbon tubes or ceramics.
The PhD. fellowship candidate should have a background as master of science or engineering in chemistry or physics with a specialization within materials or similar. An applicant who is experienced within development and characterization of fuel cell materials will be preferred.
The successful applicant will be enrolled as a PhD student at the PhD School at the Faculty of Engineering within the Research Training Programme of Functional Materials and Nanotechnology and he/she will be located at the University of Southern Denmark in Odense.
Appointment as a PhD Research Fellow is for three years (5+3 programme). Employment stops automatically at the end of the period. The holder of the Fellowship is not allowed to have other paid employment during the period.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement of 1 October 2008 on salaried PhD scholars between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
The successful candidate will be enrolled at this university in accordance with faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities (PhD executive order).
For further information contact professor Eivind Skou, tel. +45 6550 2540. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application must include the following:
- Certified copies of examinations papers, Master - and Bachelor diploma
- A letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. two pages)
- Reference letters, signed Form for reference letter (letter of recommendation) (UK)
- Detailed CV, including personal contact information and list of publications (if any)
- Fulfilled scheme which is relevant
Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will neither be considered nor evaluated.
The university encourages all persons interested in the position to apply, regardless of their age, gender, religious affiliation or ethnic background.
Closing date 1 August, 2011 at 12 noon
University of Southern Denmark
The Faculty Secretariat
The Faculty of Engineering
5230 Odense M
For more information, please visit official website: www.jobs.sdu.dk.
- PhD Fellowship in Biomolecular Sciences and Mass Spectrometry, University of Southern Denmark
- Postdoctoral in Oral Drug Formulation and Bioavailability Assessment, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- PhD Fellowships in Biotechnology and Environmental Technology, University of Southern Denmark
- PhD Scholarship in Protein Kinases, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark
- PhD Scholarship in Political Science, University of Southern Denmark
- PhD Scholarship in Health Economics, University of Southern Denmark
- PhD Studentship, 3D Electron Microtomography of Catalysts, University of Cambridge, UK
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Postgraduate Scholarships, University of Southern Queensland, Australia
- PhD Scholarship in Health Economics, Syddansk Universitet, Denmark
- European Master in Tourism Management (EMTM) Scholarships, Erasmus Mundus, Europe