15 PhD Fellowships at the Berlin Graduate School Muslim Cultures and Societies
Location: Arizona, Germany
Fellowship Deadline: 2009-11-30
Announcement ID: 171679
Welcome to the Berlin Graduate School Muslim Cultures and Societies, funded by the Excellence Initiative of the German Federal and State Governments and by Freie Universit Berlin.
The Berlin Graduate School Muslim Cultures and Societies investigates the plurality, changeability, and global connectedness of Muslim cultures and societies. The area of study includes Muslim societies in the Middle East, Africa, and Asia, as well as Muslim communities in Europe and North America. The Graduate School examines, in a systematic and comparative way, concepts, practices, and institutions variously understood as Islamic. Special attention is given to relations between Muslims and non-Muslims, as well as forms of inter- and intra-cultural communication.
In close cooperation with its partner institutions in Germany and abroad, the Graduate School offers doctoral candidates a broad educational programme of exceptional quality coupled with intensive mentoring for individual dissertation projects, training that will qualify graduates to hold leading positions in academia, the media, and politics.
The Berlin Graduate School Muslim Cultures and Societies will admit 15 PhD students to its doctoral program to begin October 1, 2010. Ten of these candidates will receive a Graduate School grant; the other candidates will be supported in their quest for funding.
The Graduate School invites applications from candidates whose dissertation project fits one of the Graduate Schools Research Areas. Successful applicants will have a masters degree in one of the disciplines represented at the Graduate School, with a ranking, where applicable, of above average. The language of communication is English.
Admission is for one year, and, contingent upon a positive evaluation after the first year of study, will be extended for another twelve months. Admission and grant can be extended for a total of three years.
Berlin Graduate School Muslim Cultures and Societies
Phone: ++49 (0)30 838 53417
Fax: ++49 (0)30 838 53244
Visit the website at http://www.bgsmcs.fu-berlin.de/en/aktuelles/Call_for_Application.html
- PhD Scholarships, Berlin Graduate School Muslim Cultures and Societies, Germany
- International PhD Fellowships in Neurosciences, NeuroCure, Germany
- PhD Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences, Freie Universität Berlin, Graduate School of North American Studies, Germany
- Doctoral Fellowships in Psychology, International Max Planck Research School, Germany
- PhD Position in Islam and Muslim Societies, Leiden University, Netherlands
- PhD Scholarships, International Centre for Muslim and Non-Muslim Understanding, University of South Australia
- PhD Positions, Helmholtz International Research School Molecular Neurobiology, Germany
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Islamic Studies, Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies, University of Oxford, UK
- Beasiswa Program Pertukaran Tokoh Muslim Muda Indonesia Australia 2011
- Kofi Annan Business School Foundation MBA Fellowship, ESMT European School of Management and Technology