The International Graduate College “Stochastics and Real World Models” Beijing-Bielefeld advertises fellowships for PhD students, starting Oct 1st, 2010 In the framework of an International Graduate College (International Research Training Group, supported by DFG) we offer fellowships for a PhD program starting October 1, 2010, for up to 3 years duration. The program is organized by the Bielefeld University Mathematics Department in cooperation with the Departments of Economics and Physics, the research institutions IMW and BiBoS, and together with the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing (partner institutions: IAM, AMSS, GUCAS).
Doctorate degrees will be awarded by one of the three Departments of Bielefeld University. The interdisciplinary training and research program is oriented towards the study of modern methods in Stochastics and their application in Physics and Economics. A structured course program will enable students to undertake research projects without undue delay. Lectures and courses by visiting scientists, as well as the exchange program with China, will further contribute to a broad and internationally viable education.
Graduates (Master level) from the aforementioned three fields with a pronounced interest in Mathematics and its interdisciplinary applications are encouraged to apply. We are aiming to increase the proportion of female researchers in the college; given parity with respect to all other relevant criteria, female applicants will receive preferential treatment in the fellowship awarding decisions.
Candidates with physical disabilities who fulfill the abovementioned criteria are particularly encouraged to apply. Deadline: August 13, 2010. Post-deadline applications may possibly also be considered.
Please submit PDF files of:
- your completed application form (including the names and contact data two possible referees) along with
- your CV,
- copies of your diplomas and certificates,
- a sketch of your research interests, and
- possibly your written work (papers, theses, etc.),
Prof. Dr. Michael Röckner
Fakultät für Mathematik
Email: roeckner@MATH (CC: nicole.zimmermann@UNI)
(MATH is short for math.uni-bielefeld.de; UNI is short for uni-bielefeld.de)
- PhD Scholarship in Biomechanics / Biorobotics, Bielefeld University, Germany
- Visiting Fellowships in History and Sociology, Bielefeld University, Germany
- Doctoral Fellowships in Industrial Biotechnology, Germany
- Master Scholarships in Food Technology, Wageningen University, Netherlands
- Doctoral Fellowships in Psychology, International Max Planck Research School, Germany
- PhD Fellowships, Berlin Graduate School of Muslim Cultures and Societies, Germany
- PhD Scholarships in Interdisciplinary Research, Ruhr-University Research School, Germany
- Doctoral Fellowships, Topology of Technology, Darmstadt University of Technology, Germany
- International Climate Protection Fellowships, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany
- International PhD Fellowships in Neurosciences, NeuroCure, Germany