9 PhD fellowships are available to carry out interdisciplinary training in Biological Sciences at the Stazione Zoologica ‘Anton Dohrn’ Naples Italy.
Duration of Ph.D. Thesis & Financial Support
Students are expected to complete their thesis within three years, with the possibility of a fourth year without salary, to write up the thesis (should this be necessary). The salary is € 16.000,00 per year for three years from which taxes (approximately 18%) will be subtracted.
Each student will have:
- one director of studies in the institute, who will guide the student during thesis work and supervise the student on a daily basis;
- one external supervisor, who will interview and assess the students progress annually.
Students will attend the Institutional Seminars, which will be preceded by short courses intended to introduce students to the general fields of the seminar subject. All institutional seminars are conducted in English.
Students will also attend one highly specialized course per year, on a common research theme of the Institute.
- Applicants should hold an advanced degree such us a Master of Science degree (M.Sc.) or its equivalent in the subject to be studied.
- Applicants should have sufficient command of the English language to prepare and defend a thesis in English. Spoken English ability will be assessed during the entrance interview.
Application forms can be downloaded or available upon request from the address below. They should be completed and returned to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be evaluated by the Stazione Zoologica Ph.D. Committee and short-listed for interviews. The starting date in 2011 will be November 1st.
Open University Annual Registration Fee
Students are liable to an annual registration fee to the Open University (not to the Stazione Zoologica).
The Stazione Zoologica will pay the students’ registration fee for the running students (in the three years) with Stazione Zoologica fellowship in due course.
The fee for academic year 2010/2011 was £ 1.865 and is likely to increase annually.
For more information, write to: email@example.com
Stazione Zoologca ‘Anton Dohrn’
I. 80121, Naples
The closing date for applications is 20 September 2011
For more information, please visit official website: www.szn.it.
- Schlumberger Foundation 2010 Faculty for the Future Fellowships
- School of Biological Sciences Taught Postgraduate Bursaries, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Research Fellowships Competition, Lucy Cavendish College, University of Cambridge, UK
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Fellowships in Ocean Observation, Modeling and Data Assimilation, Dalhousie University, Canada
- Hermes Fellowships for Postdoctoral Student in Humanities and Social Sciences, France
- Imam Bukhari & Imam Tirmizi Visiting Research Fellowships, Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies, UK
- EP Abraham Scholarship in Chemical, Biological / Life and Medical Sciences, University of Oxford, UK
- PhD Studentship in Biological and Molecular Sciences, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- Radcliffe Department of Medicine PhD Scholarship, University of Oxford, UK
- Master Scholarships, Institute of Biological Environmental and Rural Sciences (IBERS), UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.