The candidate will perform research in the frame of a PhD project on the site specific modification of proteins for covalent coupling onto functionalised supports. In the Biomolecule Design Group (Organic and bio-polymer chemistry) of the Institute for Materials Research, in vivo as well as in vitro strategies are being explored to this end. The research is situated in the core competence ‘biosensors’ of the Institute for Materials Research, aiming for improved sensor concepts to enable the detection of small quantities of target molecules (e.g. biomarkers, pathogens, drugs) and this in a reproducible and quantitative manner.
Besides this research, the candidate is also expected to participate in educational tasks of the chemistry department as well as in the assistance of bachelor and master internships.
- Because of the mutlidisciplinary character of the research, a great interest in life- and materials science is recommended;
- the candidate is motivated, independent and has a broad interest in research;
- a good command of the English and Flemish language and willingness to perform research in a team-oriented international research environment are recommended;
- can work well in team;
- good relational, communicative and reporting skills.
- Candidates will have a master degree in (bio)chemistry, biotechnology, civil engineer with biochemical background, bio-engineer (or equivalent).
- Final-year students are (likewise) encouraged to apply.
Appointment for a period of 2 x 2 years (with evaluation after 2 years).
Content job responsibilities:
- Prof. dr. Peter ADRIAENSENS, +32-11-268396, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. dr. Wanda GUEDENS, +32-11-268324, email@example.com
- dr. Erik STEEN REDEKER, +32-11-268348, firstname.lastname@example.org
Content terms of employment and selection procedure: email@example.com, +32-11-268080
Applicants must use the official application forms which can be downloaded here http://www.uhasselt.be/download/APengelsUH.doc.
Application by e-mail will only be taken into consideration when sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please add a copy of your diploma, a list of courses and your results per course. Without these we cannot evaluate your application.
The completed application forms must reach the above mentioned address no later than 08 April 2012.
Preselection on the basis of CV. Interview with the selected candidates.
For more information, please visit official website: www.uhasselt.be.
- Doctoral Fellowships in Industrial Biotechnology, Germany
- Research Assistant in Blended Learning, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Researcher In Organic Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Position in Polymer Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Studentship in Biomedical Research Cluster Infectious Diseases, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Fellowships in Economics of Innovation, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Student in Traffic Assignment, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Student in Statistical Bioinformatics, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Student in Biostatistics, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Student, Department of Biomedical Molecular Biology, Ghent University, Belgium