Molecular profiling of BRCA related cancer
The project will involve detailed genetic and epigenetic profiling and definition of tumour characteristics of samples from a well-defined breast and prostate cancer patient population, using different types of microarray analyses, examining copy number patterns and prognostic markers with respect to data on clinical outcome, in collaboration with our collaborators at the Department of Pathology at the University of Iceland and Department of Oncology at Landspitali University Hospital, LSH.
The same tumour sample set will be studied, using a new epigenomic approach, selecting samples representing clinically relevant BRCA subtypes, as part of a collaborative study with our collaborators at IDIBELL in Barcelona. Information gained from these studies is expected to give insight into the origins and development of BRCA related cancer and aid in the quest for new targeted treatment options.
The project has a doctoral student grant from the University of Iceland Research Fund
Applicants should contact Prof. Jorunn Erla Eyfjörd (firstname.lastname@example.org , Tel: 354 525 5825) or Dr. Sigridur Klara Bödvarsdottir email@example.com Tel: 354 525 5832) for further information. Applications giving information on education, previous work and research interests as well as letters of recommendation should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications stating education, previous employment and research interests, and including letters of recommendation, should be sent to email@example.com
All applications will be answered and applicants informed when a decision has been made.
The position is for 3 years, starting September 2011
Application deadline July 20th 2011
- The LH Ainsworth Cancer Research Scholarship, University of New South Wales, Australia
- PhD Scholarship in School of Medicine for Ovarian Cancer Research, Deakin University, Australia
- The Beth Yarrow Memorial Award In Medical Science, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Faculty of Medical Sciences MRes and MSc International Scholarships, Newcastle University, UK
- The Harvey Carey Memorial Scholarship, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Cancer Research, Duke University, USA
- PhD Fellowships in Systems Biology of Human Metabolism, University of Iceland, Iceland
- MSc Scholarships in Renewable Energy Science, School for Renewable Energy Science (RES), Iceland
- PhD Student in Molecular Genetics of Breast Cancer, German Cancer Research Center
- Postdoctoral Position in Genomic and Bioinformatic Cancer Research, Georg-Speyer-Haus, University of Frankfurt, Germany
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.