PhD position in the area of music psychology.
The research focuses on psychological mechanisms underlying emotional responses to music, and involves experiments in a laboratory environment featuring self-report and psychophysiological measurement.
Qualifications: The applicant must have a basic university degree with psychology as a major subject, and should also have a good knowledge of English. Experience of music- psychological research and psychophysiological measurement are considered additional qualifications. The applicant should have good social skills, since the research is carried out within a research group.
The application should contain:
- Application for admission to third-cycle (Postgraduate) studies: http://www.uppdok.uadm.uu.se/blanketter/BLfo-enginstr.pdf (This form shall be attached digitally in application form down below)
- CV including certified copies of merits
- A list of completed courses
- The undergraduate thesis
- A research plan (see below)
Research plan: The research plan should concern research that the applicant may wish to pursue as his or her dissertation project. However, at this stage, having written about a particular plan does not imply a necessary commitment for the future.
Selection: The selection will be based on an assessment of the applicant’s aptitude for successful completion of studies, made by the professors at the department. The bases for this judgment are the previously written undergraduate thesis, interviews (if deemed necessary), and the research plan.
Admission: The case is prepared and decided by the department.
Financing: The position is financed through department resources. The successful applicant will be supported the first year by a doctoral grant and the remaining three years by a doctoral studentship.
For further information you are welcome to contactProfessor Patrik Juslin, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone +46 (0)18 471 72 74. Union representatives are Anders Grundström, Saco, telephone +46 (0)18 471 53 80, Carin Söderhäll, TCO/ST, telephone +46 (0)18 471 19 96, Stefan Grundström, Seko, telephone +46 (0)18 471 33 15.
You are welcome to submit your application no later than 31 October, 2011, marked with UFV-PA 2011/2502.
For more information, please visit official website: www2.personalavd.uu.se.
- PhD Studentship in Muscle Physiology, Uppsala University, Sweden
- PhD Position in Molecular Medicine, Medical Science, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Yamaha Music Foundation Of Europe Scholarship
- PhD Positions in Interdisciplinary Mathematics, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Master Scholarships for International Students, School of Psychology, University of Sussex, UK
- International Undergraduate Scholarship, School of Psychology, University of Kent, UK
- PhD in Experimental Nuclear Physics, Uppsala University, Sweden
- PhD Position in Music Cognition, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- PhD Positions in Statistics, Uppsala University, Sweden
- School of Psychology 50th Anniversary Masters Scholarships, University of Kent, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.