Research studies and teaching in one of Europe’s leading research environments in surface and colloid chemistry. The research studies comprise own courses and own research involving at least 80% and teaching involving at most 20% of full time.
The research project comprises mainly of Monte Carlo and dynamical simulation studies of hierarchical polymers in solution and their adsorption properties in close collaboration with existing experimental activities, mainly at KTH in Stockholm.
Eligibility / Entry Requirements
Basic entry requirements for PhD studies are: a degree at advanced level, courses to an extent of at least 240 credits, of which at least 60 at advanced level, or corresponding proficiencies aquired in Sweden or elsewhere.
Master in chemistry or physics, from similar engineering program, or corresponding qualifications. In addition, it is strongly favorable with knowledge in surface-, colloidal, and/or polymer chemistry/physics; statistical mechanics and intermolecular forces as well as practical experience of computer simulations and programming in Fortran or C++. To the application the applicant shall attach a CV that includes courses taken and their grades as well as other information relevant for the application.
Basis of Assessment
Regulations for employment as a postgraduate student can be found in the Swedish Statute Book (SFS 1998:80). Only those admitted to postgraduate studies can be appointed to such a position. When appointing applicants to such a position, first and foremost their ability to benefit from postgraduate studies must be taken into consideration. In addition to pursuing postgraduate studies, the doctoral student may also perform other duties, including research, teaching and administration, according to the specific regulations.
For further information please contact:
Per Linse, Professor
For more information, please visit official website: www.lunduniversity.lu.se.
- PhD Scholarships in Geobiosphere Science at the Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystems Analysis, Lund University, Sweden
- Lund University Global Scholarships, Sweden
- Doctoral Studentship in Chemical Physics, Lund University, Sweden
- PhD Scholarship in Analytical Chemistry, Lund University, Sweden
- PhD Studentships in Organic Chemistry, University of York, UK
- PhD Position in Biophysical Chemistry, Lund University, Sweden
- Postdoctoral Researcher In Organic Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Scholarship in Geobiosphere Science, Lund University, Sweden
- PhD Position in Surface Chemistry and Metal Coordination, Umeå University, Sweden
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Biochemistry, Lund University, Sweden
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.