Seven Ph.D. student positions are available to enrol in the International and European Ph.D. program in Psychology and Social Neurosciences, curriculum in Cognitive Social and Affective Neurosciences (CoSAN), led by Prof. Salvatore Maria Aglioti, La Sapienza University of Rome.
We seek highly-motivated applicants with a strong interest in system neuroscience and cognitive social and affective functions holding an undergraduate degree in disciplines related to the CoSAN programme including but not limited to Psychology, Biology, Neuroscience, Engineering, Statistics, Informatics. Candidates must hold their degree by October 31st 2011.
At least 1 out of the 7 positions reserved for an applicant with computer graphics and virtual environment programming skills
The Ph.D. Programme lasts three years and may be extended to a fourth year (without fellowship), subject to approval by the PhD steering committee. At the end of each year students’ work is evaluated prior to admission to the following year.
FELLOWSHIPS La Sapienza University of Rome grants 4 Ph.D. fellowships for attaining the degree of “Dottore di Ricerca” (Ph.D.) in the CoSAN PhD curriculum. Each fellowship amounts to € 13.638,47 per year, for a total of 3 years. Fellowship include the national insurance (INPS) contributions that Ph.D. students are required to pay (8,58% for 2011). The 4 fellowships are available for the 4 most valuable students (based on Phase 2 selection final score) who enter the CoSAN curriculum.
The selection procedure aims to assess applicant’s knowledge, specific skills and attitude.
Phase 1. On-line interview
The evaluation committee schedules an on-line interview with those candidates who meet the eligibility criteria. On-line phone/skype interview will be in English and will take place between September, 5th and September 9th 2011.
After the interview each candidate will be assigned a score ranging from 0 to 50 based on the following information:
- On-line interview
- Academic transcript (exams, grades, credits)
- List of publications and research activity (if any)
- Two letters of recommendations supporting the candidate
- Research proposal (max 5 pages)
- Any additional qualification and information the candidate wishes to be taken into account.
N.B. Only applicants obtaining a minimum score of 30/50 will be invited to take part in the on-site interview.
Phase 2. On-site interview
On-site interviews will take place on October 3rd and October 4th 2011 at the Department of Psychology, La Sapienza University of Rome.
The list of applicants admitted to Phase 2 and the exact time schedule of their interview will be posted no later than September 23rd 2011 on http://w3.uniroma1.it/cosan/
On-site interview will be held in English and will include applicant’s presentation of his/her research proposal (15 minutes), discussion and personal motivations for applying to the CoSAN Ph.D. programme. The overall interview will last approximately 45 minutes.
It is possible, following motivated requests, to conduct Phase 2 interview using video-conferencing facilities.
After Phase 2 interview the selection committee assigns each applicant a score ranging from 0 to 70. A score of at least 50/70 is required for admission.
The list of accepted candidates will be posted no later than October 10th 2011 on http://w3.uniroma1.it/cosan/
Applications must be submitted by July 22nd 2011, 11.59 pm CET.
Any additional information concerning the CoSAN Ph.D. curriculum and the application procedure can be obtained by contacting Co-SAN organizational manager Dr. Paola Trussardi (firstname.lastname@example.org) or curriculum leader Prof. Salvatore M Aglioti (email@example.com).
For more information, please visit official website: w3.uniroma1.it.
- PhD Scholarships in Architectural Sciences, University of Rome, Italy
- Eurasian University Network for International Cooperation in Earthquakes (EU-NICE) Scholarships
- MBA International Scholarship, LUISS Business School, Italy
- MBA Scholarships for Women, LUISS Business School, Italy
- 23 PhD Fellowships, University of Rome ‘La Sapienza’, Italy
- International PhD Fellowships in Neurosciences, NeuroCure, Germany
- Summer Internship - musiXmatch, Italy
- The MC Ainsworth Scholarship in Neurosciences, University of New South Wales, Australia
- School of Psychology 50th Anniversary Masters Scholarships, University of Kent, UK
- European Master on Work, Organizational, and Personnel Psychology (WOP-P), Erasmus Mundus
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.