Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, The Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences of Utrecht University is an interfaculty research institute within the faculties of Veterinary Medicine and Medicine. Research is carried out in a joint project with the National Institute for Health and the Environment (RIVM). The mission of IRAS is to provide education and research on the human health risks of exposure to potentially harmful agents in the environment, at the workplace and through the food chain.
The National Poisons Information Centre (NVIC) has a close cooperation with the RIVM, its core function is to provide advice in clinical toxicology to health professionals and rescue teams 24/7. Advice focuses on possible health effects among humans and animals, and on adequate therapies. NVIC also carries out monitoring and surveillance programs to ensure public health safety and has a 24 h emergency response function for all chemical as well as nuclear-radiological incidents.
The project will be performed by the National Poisons Information Centre (NVIC) and the Division Toxicology of IRAS.
IRAS is looking to fill the position of:
PhD researcher: Knowledge integration by PBPK modelling (1,0 fte)
Providing clinical information on the toxicity of hazardous chemicals in humans in emergency situations is not straightforward. One major obstacle is that human data on toxicity of chemicals are scarce. Data on the toxicity of chemicals are available only from animal and in vitro studies, and from accidental chemical exposure of humans.
Physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) models are mathematical models that can estimate the dose inhaled or ingested by a living being or by a specific organ after exposure to xenobiotics. PBPK models allow the extrapolation of results from in vitro and animal studies to humans. Numerous PBPK models have been developed for specific chemicals but their applicability in emergency situations has not been studied yet. It is therefore necessary to make an inventory of the models relevant to hazardous chemical incidents, to study their applicability in emergency situations, and to promote their implementation in order to better determine and characterize risks from exposure to hazardous substances in acute chemical incidents.
In this project we will evaluate the value of using physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling technique for predicting the absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion of chemicals in humans after accidents or disasters involving hazardous chemicals.
Your activities will include reviewing reports from the Environmental Incident Service of the National Institute for Public Health and Environment (MOD) from the RIVM, literature articles on accidents or disasters involving hazardous chemicals and literature on existing PBPK models. Next, you will design and perform scientific research in order to collect in vivo data in support of future adaptation of the models, through observational or experimental studies. You will publish your findings as papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals. These papers will form the basis of the PhD thesis. You will work in a multidisciplinary research team with toxicologists, kineticists and physicians. You will also collaborate with several other national and international partners.
We are looking for an enthusiastic graduate (MSc) with a background in the field of (environmental) health sciences, or biomedical sciences. The candidate should have strong organisational, communication and writing skills (in Dutch and English). We are looking for a team player who is able to work independently. Experience in the field of exposure assessment or kinetic modeling will be an advantage.
Candidates from the European Union and North America are eligible for this position.
Terms of employment
The IRAS can offer you a temporary full-time appointment of one year with the perspective of prolongation with another 3 years. The gross salary starts at € 2,042 per month in the first year and increases to € 2,612 per month in the fourth year of employment (salary scale P Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities).
Secondary benefits based on the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities are excellent in general and include e.g. a pension scheme, flexible employment conditions and salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year end bonus of 8,3 % per year. Travel costs for international conferences and working meetings are also included. The PhD candidate will be stationed at the National Poisons Information Centre (NVIC), situated at the UMC Utrecht, close to IRAS (about 500 meters).
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from the project leader: dr. Claudine Hunault tel. +31 (0)6 19 05 23 75 (between 14:00 and 16:00 h) e-mail: email@example.com
Please do not send your application to this address.
How to apply
Please send your written application, with motivation, curriculum vitae and addresses of two references, to the personnel department of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, attn. Mrs. drs. M.E.J. Willemse-van Soest, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your application before 21 March 2011 and refer to vacancy number 121115.
- Master Scholarships in Medical and Health Science, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships in Fine and Applied Arts, Netherlands
- Bachelor & Master, Utrecht Excellence Scholarships, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships in Natural Science, Netherlands
- Charles Darwin International Scholarships, College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, University of Edinburgh, UK
- PhD Studentship in Biomedical Research Cluster Infectious Diseases, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Master Scholarships in Geosciences, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Postgraduate Research Scholarships, University of Glasgow, UK
- Complete List of Dutch Institutions Offering PhD Studies
- International Students Scholarships, Royal Veterinary College (RVC), University of London, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
I send my CV and СV my wife for vacancy in veterinary medicine. We is DVM Ph D pharamakology from Moskow Russya seach jobs (anythink). Inform Please results? Best regards Kostromitinov Nicvk and Sumenkova Elena DVM PhD pharmakology
Nikolai A. Kostromitinow
Post address: 111394 Moskow, Balashicha Swerdlova 40 -135
Fax (007) 9153330937
E mail Kostromitinow@yandex.ru; Kostromitinow@rambler.ru; Kostromitinow@mail.ru
• january 2001 –iuly now Leading scientist , Experimental veterinar medicin Institute, Moscow
• June 1999- january 2001 - Product manager, Moscow representative Office “Balkanpharma” AD (Bulgar)
• december 1996- june 1999 – Product manager, Moscow representative Office Hemofarm DD (Yugoslavia)
• december 1995- december 1996 – Veterinary representative, Moscow representative Office DADvet (Jordan)
• september 1987- december 1995 – Leading scientist , Experimental veterinar medicin Institute, Moscow
• september 1980- september 1987 – Post-graduate, work in agriculture of Kirovskiy area and veterinar medicin labs Kirow
• iuly 1982- january 1984 - Post-graduate, work in school by teacher a biology, pedagogic.
The methods of the diagnosis of the infectious and uninfectious diseases The methods of the clinical and pathalogic-anatomical researches of the infectious and uninfectious diseases of the cattle and pigs.
The biochemical, gemathologic, immunologic, microbiological researches.
The experience in the field of the statistic data handling. Reports and analysis.
The experimental researches in the field of: pharmacodynamic, pharmacokinetic, pharmacological characteristics of the new and complex veterinary medicines.
The experimental researches of the modeling on the laboratory animals (mice, guinea-pigs, rabbits) of the infectious diseases (salmonollosis, pasteurellosis, colibacillosis, paratuberculosis and others). The work with the laboratory animals, to wit: mice, guinea-pigs, rabbits, hamsters). The different kinds of the injections (hypodermic, intramuscular).
The chemical researches for the definition of the residual quantities of the preparations in the biological substrate and in the liquid (photocolometricly, spectrocolormetricly). The methods of the definition of the sulfanilamides, nitorfurans, antibiotics).
The definition in vitro and in vivo of the activity of the chemotherapeutic (including antibiotics) medicines with respect to the microorganisms.
The methods of the growing of the microorganisms on the nutrient mediums. Its further identification with serologic, biochemical and morphological method.
• The experience in the field of the medicinal forms making and application of the complex veterinary medicines on the farming animals. to assist Marketing Manager in developing annual plan and preparing local proposals/budgets for promotional projects, to carry out various local market research, to devise methods and procedures for obtaining necessary data
• to develop and revise strategies and promotional projects specifically related to assigned medicaments (mainly generics), based on related local marketing information
• to prepare analysis and reports on progress of instituted plans and programs relating to stated sales
• to plan goals and tasks for regional representatives, to develop local market strategies, creative and informative promotional inputs, visual aids, detailing stories, reporting systems, competitions, incentive schemes
• to control promotional activities, assuring maximum return on investment, to initiate remedial actions to bring accomplishments in line with planed
• to communicate with distributors in order to co-ordinate mutual efforts in sales development
• to work on new products
• to develop and maintain relations with opinion leaders influencing therapeutic standards, essential drugs’ list
• to co-ordinate advertising and printing agencies, selection of the most effective carries
• to recruit and train new staff on promotional campaigns
The researches for the identification of the microorganisms in the nutrient mediums: Salmonella, Pasteurellas, Escherichia coli. Its biochemical, microbiological, morphologic, pathogenic state was studied.
On the laboratory mice model the pathogenic characteristics of these microbes were studied.
The process of the modelling of the salmonollosis at the mice as well as colibacillosis.
On the modell of the experimental infected by salmonollosis and colicacillosis mice, rabbits and calves was studied the therapeutic efficiency of the complex preparation consisted of the sulfanilamides, nitrofurans, detergents and antibiotics.
The clinical features of the infectious deseases at the calves and pigs. The diagnostics of the deseases, biochemical, gematologic and immunologic researches of the blood as well as the definition of the pathogene from faeces and blood.
During the pathoanatomical examination the was excreted the pathogene from the tissue and the organs of the animal.
The excretion of the microorganism followed by its identification and the definition of its resistance to the preparation.
The study of the pharmacological activity of the preparations, its pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic features both during the infectious diseases and on the healthy animals.
The working out of the new complex veterinary medicines (liquid, powdery and in granules as well as in tablets).
The definition of the residual qualities of the sulfanilamides, nitrofuranes in the biological liquid and rabbits`, calve`s and pigs tissue.
The study of the pharmacokinetics the pointed medicines on the rabbits, calves and pigs.
The biochemical, gemathological, immunological examination of the blood at the ill people with infectious diseases (Salmonella, Pasteurellas, colicacillosis), at healthy people and during the period (as well as after it) of the medicines using.
The normative-technical documentation of the complex preparation and its registration in the veterinary department of the Ministry of Health, the Russian Federation.
On the basis of the received results was conducted its analyze and statistical data manipulations.
• system of planing and reporting for regional representatives including unit and currency accomplishments versus the plan
• system of whole price-list delivery to the regional units of all Moscow distributors, co-ordinate scheme of activities “distributor-representative” to maintain regional sales
• monthly data base of regional sales (units, currency, partners)
• several competitions for whole price-list sales among the municipal veterinar - pharmacies in 11 biggest Russian towns
• organization and undertaking the studies on studying pharmacological efficiency of veterinary medication
• preparing documentation for undertaking the registrations of veterinary medicines in Russia
• volumetric analysis of market in Russia on veterinary preparations
• study and full analysis an situation on infectious diseases of bestial and birds in Russia
• organized special events (exhibitions, conferences, presentations etc)
• treatment and preventive maintenance of diseases of bestial, sheduling the plans of preventive actions an undertaking the small operations
• diagnostics of infectious and parasite diseases of bestial, determination microorganism challenging diseases of bestial, toxicological biomaterial study
• more than 50 product visual images for informational materials, medical periodic, specialized medical books, exhibition materials, transport
July 2000- trading certificate “Sales Trading International” programme “Developing Key Accounts”,
september 1987- september 1990 Research Institute of Experimental Veterinar Medicin, Ph.D. degree in veterinar medicin;
july 1982- july 1984 Pedagogical Institute; M.S. a teacher of biology;
september 1980- september 1974 Agricultural Institute; M.S. a veterinar medicin doctor.
English write, German write
PC literate: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Corel Draw, Adobe PhotoShop, Internet Explorer, Internet Mail
Enthusiastic, achievement-oriented, communicative, quality driven and flexible, imaginative
Interests and activities:
Psychology of communication and sales, PC graphics, modern music
Born August 19 1958, Kirow. Married.