Hasselt University announces, within I-Biostat (the Interuniversity Institute for Biostatistics and statistical Bioinformatics), a position for a (m/f):
PhD student Biostatistics (2×2 years)
Authorities and official bodies world-wide require animal experiments in order to be able to guarantee the safety of clinical tests on humans for medical products. Through implementation of what they call the “3Rs” initiative, the National Institute of Health (NIH) has been striving to develop alternative product testing methods that will: Reduce the number of animals used in testing, Refine testing procedures so animals experience less pain and distress; or Replace animals with non-animal testing systems. The goal of this project is to (1) investigate innovative statistical approaches that offer ways to reduce the number of animals in future toxicology studies, and (2) to obtain more information from existing data sets (through e.g. better study design, dose-response models, complex hierarchical clustering models, longitudinal models,…).
Profile and diploma
- You have a master degree in (bio)statistics or an equivalent degree;
- You are acquainted with statistical methodologies and had exposure to computer programming. Knowledge of statistical software such as SAS, S-Plus, R, StatXact, etc. is advantageous;
- You are intrinsically motivated and goal oriented;
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment;
- You are willing to closely collaborate with a pharmaceutical industry partner and travel regularly to the region of Turnhout;
- You speak and write English fluently.
The appointment takes effect at the latest from October 1, 2011, for a period of 2 x 2 years (with evaluation after 2 years).
- Content job responsibilities:
- Prof. dr. Christel Faes, +32 11-26 82 85, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. dr. Helena Geys, +32 14-60 67 19, email@example.com
- Content terms of employment and selection procedure: Yves Soen, 011-26 80 85, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must use the official application forms. Please add a copy of your diploma, a list of courses and your results per course. Without these we cannot evaluate your application.
- can be downloaded here: http://www.uhasselt.be/download/APengelsUH.doc and sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
- or are available at the Rectoraat of Hasselt University, Campus Diepenbeek, Agoralaan - building D, B-3590 Diepenbeek (Belgium), phone +32 - 11 - 26 80 10
The completed application forms must reach the above mentioned address no later than March 18th 2011.
Application by e-mail will only be taken into consideration when sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PhD Student in Biostatistics, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Student in Statistical Bioinformatics, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Research Assistant in Blended Learning, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Position in Polymer Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Studentship in Biomedical Research Cluster Infectious Diseases, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Fellowships in Economics of Innovation, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Researcher In Organic Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Student in Traffic Assignment, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Studentship in Architecture, PHL University College, Belgium
- Mathematics & Statistics Scholarships for Taught Masters, University of Glasgow, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.