Uppsala University hereby declares the following position to be open for application PhD position in Medical Science within the subject of Molecular Medicine at the Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University Hospital. Starting date: as soon as possible.
The aim of the project is to identify mutations in primary leukemic cells using deep DNA sequence analysis in order to understand mechanisms that lead to the transformation of B-cells in the bone marrow to leukemic cells. The accepted PhD student must have previous experience of analysis of DNA sequence data. In addition fundamental knowledge in mathematics and experience in statistical analyses are required, as well as ability to program in Perl, R and MySQL.
The application should include a curriculum vitae, copies of exam certificates, degrees and grades, a copy of your Master’s thesis (or a draft thereof), references, a short description of the applicant and his/her experience. Letter(s) of recommendation may be included.
The rules governing this are set out in the Higher Education Ordinance Chapter 5, § § 1-7, and the university’s rules and guidelines http://regler.uu.se/Rules_and_regulations_in_English/
For more information, please contact: Ann-Christine Syvänen, professor, phone +4618- 611 29 59, e-mail: email@example.com or Anna Foyer, personal coordinator, phone +4618-611 43 92, firstname.lastname@example.org. Union representatives are Anders Grundström, Saco, +46 (0)18-471 5380, Carin Söderhäll, TCO/ST, +46 (0)18-471 1996 and Stefan Djurström Seko, +46 (0)18-471 3315.
Welcome with your application no later than 29 March, 2011, UFV-PA 2011/722. Use the link below to access the application form.
- PhD Studentship in Muscle Physiology, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Faculty of Medical Sciences MRes and MSc International Scholarships, Newcastle University, UK
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neural Developmental Biology, Umeå University, Sweden
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- PhD Positions in Interdisciplinary Mathematics, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Postdoctoral Position, Department of Biological Chemistry, UCLA School of Medicine, USA
- PhD in Music Psychology, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Biochemistry, Lund University, Sweden
- PhD Scholarships in Molecular Medicine and Neuroscience, Medical University of Graz, Austria
- PhD Scholarships in Biomedical Research, Hannover Medical School, Germany