In the framework of a FWO project a motivated PhD student is sought to work on the utilization of nitrones in synthetic polymer chemistry in the department OBPC/PRD. The project focuses on novel control methodologies in radical polymerization for the precise preparation of well-defined macromolecular architectures with specific properties that may find application in various fields ranging from nanotechnology to industrial bulk polymer production. To reach this aim, the research is carried out at the interface of the fields of contemporary polymer synthesis, state-of-the-art polymer characterization and polymerization kinetics.
Profile and diploma
The candidate is expected to perform research in the area of synthetic polymer chemistry. Candidates will have a master degree in chemistry or an equivalent diploma. A good command of the English language and willingness to perform research in a team-oriented international research environment are recommended.
A two times two years position with a midterm evaluation.
- Content job responsibilities: Prof. Dr. Thomas Junkers, +32 (0)11-26 83 18, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Content terms of employment and selection procedure: Yves Soen, 011-26 80 85, email@example.com
Applicants must use the official application forms. Please add a copy of your diploma, a list of courses and your results per course. Without these we cannot evaluate your application.
- can be downloaded here: http://www.uhasselt.be/download/APengelsUH.doc and sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or are available at the Rectoraat of Hasselt University, Campus Diepenbeek, Agoralaan - building D, B-3590 Diepenbeek (Belgium), phone +32 - 11 - 26 80 10
The completed application forms must reach the above mentioned address no later than March 31st 2011.
Application by e-mail will only be taken into consideration when sent to the following address: email@example.com.
- Postdoctoral Researcher In Organic Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD in Biochemistry - Biotechnology, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Position in Surface Chemistry and Metal Coordination, Umeå University, Sweden
- Research Assistant in Blended Learning, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Student in Statistical Bioinformatics, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Scholarships in Organic Synthesis & Polymer Chemistry, DTU Nanotech, Denmark
- PhD Studentship in Biomedical Research Cluster Infectious Diseases, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Fellowships in Economics of Innovation, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Position in Biostatistics, Hasselt University, Belgium
- PhD Student in Traffic Assignment, Hasselt University, Belgium
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.