In the Department of Chemistry at the University of Paderborn, Germany, are two PhD student positions in the field of Organic Chemistry available. One position includes the synthesis of new chiral ionic liquids and their application in chiral recognition and catalysis (e.g. Tetrahedron: Asymmetry, 2009, 20, 2344).
The other position is dealing with the synthesis of novel chiral carbenes based on camphor and their application as organocatalysts and ligands in metal complexes (e.g. Chem. Commun. 2009, 5910). Participating in organizing undergraduate organic lab courses will be expected. The salary for each position would be ca. 1100 Euros net/month. Each position is for 3 years.
Applications with a CV and names of two referees should be sent until the 20.11.10 to Prof. Dr. René Wilhelm, Department of Chemistry, University of Paderborn, Warburgerstr. 100, D-33098 Paderborn, Germany, or preferable via e-mail to rene.wilhelm[at]uni-paderborn.de.
Additional information is available via email or at http://chemie.uni-paderborn.de/en/wilhelm.
Closing date: November, 20, 2010
- PhD Studentships in Organic Chemistry, University of York, UK
- PhD Scholarships in Organic Synthesis & Polymer Chemistry, DTU Nanotech, Denmark
- Postdoctoral Researcher In Organic Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral in Epigenetic Research, Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics, Germany
- PhD Research Studentship in Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED), Universiti of Malaya, Malaysia
- Doctoral Studentships, Department of Chemistry, University of Helsinki, Finland
- PhD Scholarships in Radiochemistry, Technical University of Denmark
- PhD in Biochemistry - Biotechnology, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Doctoral Fellowships in Industrial Biotechnology, Germany
- PhD Position in Polymer Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium